Saturday 12 February 2022

From PaulO'G: 'Nidzilla!!! (Arrakis) (45 points)

News of the upcoming release of the new Tyranid Codex had Reilly and I reaching for some unpainted bugs this week. You saw his Broodlord earlier this week and this is my contribution: a Trygon - and a big (half a foot tall) menacing fellow he is!

Game wise, he is a burrower and erupts from the ground in a nasty surprise attack kind of way. He also generates a tunnel behind him that other bugs can then scuttle through - so apart from his personal attacks, it can be a bit of a pain when bugs suddenly erupt amidst your army.

The basing is done to match the rest of the army - I'm not super happy with it yet and will add to it later, but I am literally off to the airport for a work trip now so thats good enough for today.

Game wise, he erupts from the ground in a nasty surprise attack kind of way. He also generates a tunnel behind him that other bugs can then scuttle through - so apart from his personal attacks, it can be a bit of a pain when bugs suddenly erupt amidst your army.


As one who burrows around and comes up from below to destroy everything around him, I figure he is well aligned to the Giant Sand Worms of Arrakis. Indeed, I shall be chanting "Shai-Halud" every time he does so. Bless the coming and going of him...

Noting this fellow is 150mm tall, I would like to propose 25 points for him plus the Arrakis bonus for a 45 point total of biomass consuming goodness.

From Millsy:

Tri- Tri-anti-wonti- Triantiwontigongolope! No, hang on, that's something else altogether although probably no less unpleasant to meet on a dark night.

Well done getting this wee beastie ready for posting 5 minutes before leaving the house today. I've waited a looooooooong time to be able to say the following so thanks for the opportunity mate! [Ahem]

TAXI FOR MR O'GRADY!

Ahhh. That's better. It's the little things that make life worthwhile.

Bollocks aside, this is a cracking miniature Paul. The high contrast style really suits the Tyranid aesthetic and just never gets old. 25 points looks about right for this guy, so that's 45 including the bonus. Noice.

14 comments:

  1. Very effective colours and I actually quite like the basing. I think I’ll be avoiding him though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice giant 'nid, Paul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice black and white bug! Have a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done Paul, great colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your treatment of the boney armour plates (carapace?).

    ReplyDelete
  6. He’s a nasty one, isn’t he? I think I’ll just stay over here for now!
    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuck! This looks like something you’d find in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks quite horrible, and I mean that as a compliment. Excellent rendition of some of our Australian fauna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banana for scale (yes that's my hand)
      https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Iezw-YTI4a8/X-whS8R6k4I/AAAAAAAAQYQ/V_3evVlVcqgi5ZT0iaRj2LWaOOvK0INOQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1067/PXL_20201228_003823116.jpg

      Delete
    2. Shudder! I’ll just curl up and stare at my feet for a bit.

      Delete
  9. Yikes. Between you and Reilly, I think we need to call Orkin. Very scary beastie.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete