Wednesday 14 December 2022

Lee H - Back again, and not a moment too soon

Wow! Twenty Twenty Two shot past in a blur and here we are on the eve (almost) of another Painting Challenge. This will be my ninth time in the mosh pit and I'm all geared up, ready, and eager to get started. I set myself a modest points total, but as most of my work this year will be 6mm, that equates to a lot of minis. For a change, I am nearly* ready ahead of time. Everything* is primed, my consumables have been restocked and my long-running AHPC Spreadsheet of Doom is set and ready to start recording my completed entries. (* More figures from Baccus are on their way, but are clearly being delivered by an asthmatic carrier pigeon and may take a while to arrive!)


My desk is tidy, although a quick going over with a mini-vac is probably in order... there's a year's worth of sand, dust, and static grass building up in the corners and between the bottles. 

So what am I working on for Challenge XIII? Well, I'm back with 6mm this year (following a 15mm Foreign Legion outing last year) and I'm working on the late medieval period and the end of the Wars of the Roses. I  will be focusing on the Battle of Bosworth and its participants. I visited the Heritage Centre earlier in the year and the more I read about this battle the more interesting it becomes. I'm looking forward to exploring the battle and the seemingly endless theories on exactly where it was located, who took part, and how the two sides were deployed. Modern archaeology may have answered a lot of questions, but there are still lots of options to explore so this seems to be a battle that will just keep on giving. 

Best of luck to everyone taking part and I look forward to seeing the entries of Challengers new and old over the next few months. 

15 comments:

  1. Oooh, very keen to see your efforts with WotR. I have figures for it in three scales, but haven't gotten off the ground with any of them. Maybe seeing your fine work will give me the impetus to get on with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about it since the end of Challenge XII so I'm eager to get going.

      Delete
  2. (Very) small scales seeems to gaining traction and becoming a trending topic in this Challenge! Having jumped into that wagon (yet) but who will know. Good to see you around again and thank you for all your inspiring videos in 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your work Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoTR in 6mm sounds great -- can't wait to see all that livery and standards at small scales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what has attracted me to the period. Its going to be a riot of colour!

      Delete
  5. Ha, you had already raised a tip of the veil on YouTube! I loved your Foreign Legion last year, but am much looking forward to seeing your little knights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A return to 6mm and a fantastic project to do it in, assuming the carrier pigeon hasn't frozen to death en route! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get started without this delivery, its just a pity because I have time to clean and prime them before the Challenge kicks off.

      Delete
  7. Great stuff Lee, looking forward to your WOTR and medieval projects. All the best in the challenge

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing your wares and all those luvvly flags!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back Lee, that’s a very cosy and neat hobby space.

    ReplyDelete