Sunday 8 January 2023

From PaulO'G: Necromunda Tower (40 points)

I'm working on a few different projects but to be honest not many of them are progressing as envisioned, and thus aren't ready as planned. But this is the chillaxed Sunday crew and we don't groove things like deadlines or stress in our hobby.  Anyway, I did get this small entry completed, a tower for our Necromunda table.

This tower (from a Mantic Games set) has been kicking around our hobby room unpainted for 4 or 5 years. So there we were playing a Christmas game when I finally said 'sod it, pass it over and I'll just get it done'. And here it is; not super exciting but it was fun to experiment with chipping medium and oil washes to give it a worn and dingy look while not making it grey!

Overall its about the volume of a 6inch cube for 20 points, and given its long term hiatus as a not quite started project I would like to also claim the "Under Construction" Bonus for a total of 40 points please. 

Thanks and enjoy your Sunday!

Lovely tower, very reminiscent of Troika pottery (look it up you philistines). Necromunda is becoming cool again here in UK


24 comments:

  1. I like those colour choices and it has the right amount of grime and wear-and-tear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on weathering and colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu - the chipping medium was great to work with

      Delete
  3. Tower looks great. I had to Google the pottery but it’s nowhere near me and closed a while back, so I don’t feel bad about that. I agree with the reference however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beaten-up metal - very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice attempt at youth-speak chillaxed groovy grandad. Lovely industrial finish you've achieved on the tower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - I was channeling my inner Millsy in honour of your birthday! :-)

      Delete
  6. Great tower with a suitably battered sci-fi-y look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work. Excellent weathering. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's very effective and I admire your courage in leaving such a lovely model on what looks like a very precarious perch on a fence post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suitably grimdark and towerlike, Paul. It must feel good to have it done and ready for play. :)

    ReplyDelete