Thursday 23 February 2023

From AndrewB: Wars of Religion and Superhero!(Superhero)(65pts)

Two posts this week!  I’ve been struggling to find a super hero model to paint up, as I’m not the biggest super hero fan, be it in comics, movies, or TV.  Knowing Superhero movies come out pretty frequently, I figured I would check what movies are coming out soon, assuming I could at least find a super heros alter ego to put on the table.  Let me tell you, I was happy with what I found!  Ordinarily, super heros  seem to be pretty normal if not above average folks who find themselves exposed to something, bitten by a special animal, or able to take some sort of medicine that makes them positively extraordinary!  Lo and behold, I discovered the harrowing tale of a wonderful being thrust into extraordinary circumstances with the discovery of a magical serum!

COCAINE BEAR! 



I know most bears have black noses, but his has really put in some mileage recently!  This is a fun reaper fig, which is positively large and a delight to paint!  

Additionally, I completed some fun Figures from Battle Valor, for an unknown ‘Wars of Religion’ game.  Bless anyone who expected this to be some sort of serious game regarding history, we’re going with religious figures packing heat!




I really enjoy the guys I’ve painted up like Monty Python’s Spanish Inquisition, and probably need to find some sort of plane for the one gentleman to pilot, although an armored car of some sort may fit as well.  As for the other five- I’m not sure if the Dominican orders have an annual conference, but if they do, this is certainly the American delegation, with Tommy guns at the ready!   

One last photo for a group picture, showing how big our forest-dwelling Scarface is!


As for points, I’ve counted nine 28mm figures, and the ‘Superhero’ room to 65 total, which also leaves me ready to take on the director’s chair, with every other studio completed!   I’m excited to see what’s coming my way!



From TeemuL: Well, Andrew... I think I know what you are trying here. The regular bear gets something and transforms into super-bear. I believe this rampaging bear is more like a super-anti-hero or suoer-arch-enemy (I'm sure there will be sequels), at least from human point of view. If Hulk counts as a superhero, then I'll count Cocaine Bear as one, too. No matter what pretty Spanish Inquisition says! Btw, all these might be useful in Silver Bayonette?

11 comments:

  1. Great bear and we’ll armed clergy. Not sure who the super hero or super villain is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Iove the Cocaine Bear.... and for the record, more so the bear than the cocaine! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cocaine bear and great work on the armed religious types! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bear! I wasn’t expecting the Spanish Inquisition though…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the "Commando Monks" - getting your head shaved is maybe taking a disguise to the ultimate .......
    Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cocaine bear - a great take on the superhero theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grand work, Andrew! I like the cocaine bear very much( I will be looking for that mini myself!) The armed clergy are delightful sculpts and well painted too. As an FYI the cocaine bear regrettably died after injesting a large amount of smuggled cocaine and which was dropped by an amateur drug runner who himself died from from falling himself. The bear was determined to be an apex predator till his heart stopped from overdose but he was fierce for a good 15min! Thus the legend is born! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff cocaine bear. Ha. Love it and the clergy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff Andrew, loving the cocaine Bear!

    ReplyDelete