Sunday 24 December 2023

From LeeH: Seasonal Jolly Dwarf (25pts)

I might get a bit of a tradition now that my first entry to the painting challenge will be a Christmas figure. Thankfully lots of manufacturers have Christmas-themed minis not least Foundry where this jolly dwarf originated.


I'm a little bit late posting this than planned because it's been a VERY busy week. The week running up to Christmas is always busy in my line of work and this year especially so. In addition, my wife and I are also getting the house ready for Christmas guests, which as usual, we have left to the last minute! However, I have now finished work and I don't go back until the new year. So this little feller has kicked off my winter painting season and I can relax a little (hopefully with a glass of wine or three). 


I hope everyone has a really nice Christmas and of course, get lots of painting done. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone produces this year. I'm always blown away by the quality of entries and the productivity of the Challengers. 


I'm entering this as my submission for the Challenge Library “Fantasy” section so as well as the normal 5 points for a 28mm model I'm going to claim an extra 20 bonus points which will make a miniscule dent in my modest target for this year. 

1x28mm foot (5pts + 20Pts)

_________________________________________

Welcome back Lee! It wouldn't be a proper Challenge without a Christmas-themed entry from you - awesome! :) This dwarf looks very jolly, having put aside his axe and mail for a bell and festive tunic. Wonderful! Thank you for the season's well wishes and I return them twofold!

- Curt

16 comments:

  1. I hasten to add that this entry isn't in the fantasy section because Santa doesn't exist, because of course he does... but a Dwarven Santa? That's what I find hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwarves can be jolly. Just takes a lot of ale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great submission Lee. Nothing like Santa dwarf to start off the season. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Philosophical debates aside, this is awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee, that's an awesome little Dwarf indeed, thanks for spreading the cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent looking dwarf santa!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s a jolly dwarf indeed! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very festive. I can understand a Dwarven Santa, they have the beards for it. Now, an Elven Santa would be pure fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas to you Lee and the best way to start you points, love the painting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great solid start Lee

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great start Lee, he looks very jolly. Looking forward yo your posts this year

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great figure. I was looking forward to your take on Santa this year.

    ReplyDelete