Monday 15 January 2024

From TeemuL: Library Paladin [Sarah's Cart] (25 points)

I'm now stuck in the corner of the section 2 with no maritime or statues to paint. Library Paladin to the rescue! This is a Ral Partha Paladin (11-010b) from 1990 and she is most likely tracking the Swamp Witch, who helped me earlier...

She is a paladin, but her equipment is bit pick'n'mix

I did have a plan, I told you, and the plan (and the lack of suitable minis) requires me to travel to the Local History topic and this Paladin will lead me there. One part of my plan was to prime several female minis to make it easier to travel in the Library and that has worked so far - and plenty of more left.

I like how the sculptor has managed to sculpt her hair on her right side, it is actually flowing and in the first photo it casts a nice shadow on her face

This mini has been sold as a two mini blister in the 1990s, but since this is a second hand mini and I have not properly catalogued my unpainted minis, I don't know if I have the male Paladin somewhere. This bit of randomness is kind of good thing, painting a single mini is always a different task than going through a unit.

The hair could have used another highlight?

So far I have painted old metal minis from Grenadier (and Julie Gutherie), Mithril and now Ral Partha in addition to quite historical GW Predator. I wonder what other old fantasy producers shall I find in the coming weeks. :)

I went again for an earthly palette, which fit well with my brown basing I'm using for fantasy figs in general. So quite a lot of greys, greens and browns on this mini, too. There will be more colours in the future, I promise. :)

Edit: Adding the map, again...
I was hoping to add another thing to this post, too, but then time run out and I just marked this draft as ready and forgot the map. :)

Sylvain: A very elegant Female Paladin, Paladin Woman, Paladine (?). It's good to see you plowing forward with your "plan". I like the texture of your base, it provides background without overwhelming the model. Lady Sarah will be pleased, indeed!

 P.S. Don't forget to include your Library Map😁.

 

25 comments:

  1. Thanks Sylvain! It doesn't give a good impression of me as a minion when I forget the map all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work I love the old Ral Paratha figures and you painted her beautifully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adam, I had some issues, but she came out beautiful.

      Delete
  3. Nice work on the old Pal Partha mini. I painted a lot of these in the late 70s and 80s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter! Someone painted these years ago and then sold them. Now I'm repainting them.

      Delete
  4. Painting the eyes shows true dedication. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom. I try to paint the eyes on 28 and larger.

      Delete
  5. I love to see these old Ral Partha's getting the love. Well done Teemu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lady Paladin Teemu, she must have superb wrist strength to hold a sword that big up like that - Penny Mordaunt perhaps 😉 (for those not British that’s a reference to a female politician who had to hold up an enormous sword for over an hour in King Charles’ coronation!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Simon! At least she has some counterweigth on her other hand, the dagger.

      Delete
  7. Paladinette, I’d say. Supposing c.q. honing not all female forms of job names are frowned upon these days. But she is a very nice figure and you’ve done a fine paint job on her, Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Paladiness? :) It is tricky. Anyway, thank you!

      Delete
  8. really great job Teemu , love these older figures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! I have mostly older figures.

      Delete
  9. Another great blast from the past Teemu. Well done on this paladin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bruce. The next oldies are already on the desk.

      Delete