Thursday 15 February 2024

From KentG: 28mm Carthaginians (45pts)

Another week has passed, this past week has been incredibly busy 
one in which I didn't manage to do a lot of painting
The figures below are for a commission.
I was unable to find the manufacture, the customer said they were to be 
painted as Carthaginian light infantry. 

I had a box arrive this week and when i opened it was pleasantly surprised 
everything from 40mm Napoleonic's to 28mm Samurai. hoping undercoat 
some of these tonight to start painting


I decided after seeing some amazing hand painted shields 
that I should do a few shields myself.
I find painting shields really enjoyable, but you can spend a lot of time
on something so small.




Kind of wish these figures belonged to me as I really like the 
finish on them.



Other than Napoleonic's, Carthaginian armies are one of my
 favorite armies to paint, With all the elephants and different nations you can add in


            Points

            Points are super easy on these chaps 8 x 28mm foot = 40pts

From Millsy: I know a lot of people think Romans are cool but that's only because they don't know enough about Carthage and her loyal servants. Your reds are absolutely lovely Kent and work so well with the cream, white and black that sit alongside them. The fine detail you've managed to squeeze into the shields is remarkable and worth a few extra tetradrachm! Cracking work mate.

 

24 comments:

  1. Nice shields Kent - for me painting shields is only marginally more attractive than prepping a figure! Nice painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent shields and the whole figure is wonderful. I can see it would be hard to part with them. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will always be more figures coming in and going out its the way of commission painting, sometimes your glad to see them go other times not so glad.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work on the shields.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Kent, lovely bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, some people like the bright colors others not so much me I like to paint crisp clean and colorful

      Delete
  5. Those are too good to give to someone else. You need your own Carthaginian army. Love the bronze and the shields

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have a Carthaginian army, quite a large one until I sold it, which I seem to do a lot of.

      Delete
  6. Carthaginians are one of the best ancient armies. Solid professional infantry, screaming Gallic tribesmen, Spanish horse and foot, Numidian cavalry, Balearic slingers, and best of all, elephants. Every toy in the box!

    Beautiful work Kent, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice work on those shields!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful brushwork Kent. I like that warm bronze you used for their helmets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Curt I was really pleased with these wee chaps

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work mate - really love the shields!

    ReplyDelete