Thursday 21 March 2024

From TeemuL: Challenge XIV Wrap up

Today is Thursday so it is perfect for my Thor's Day wrap-up post. It was only yesterday, when I read the news that Finland was selected as the Happiest Country in the World! Yes, for the seventh time in a row. Curt and Sarah, you need something more?

That also means, that I don't need to post any Finnish propaganda for Finland, I'll let a Brit do it for me:


Veryfinnishproblems is a social media brand, you can find it on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and probably a dozen other platform I have never heard of, and it is made by a Brit living in Finland. Quite funny and sometimes even accurate. The video above shows different names for winter storms in different countries. I have no connections with the account, just find it quite amusing.

But let's get to the real business, the minis I painted during the Challenge! I managed to paint quite a lot, especially the last week sprint was extremely helpful. I had a slow start, I was supposed to paint a lot during Christmas holidays, but I didn't wanted to. I didn't want many things during the holiday, I guess I was having a (light) burn out after hectic period of work before Christmas and I was generally not interested in pretty much anything.... But it is gone now and I feel good.

Everything I painted during the Challenge

Flames of War Germans

Rest of the smaller ones

LotR, old fantasy minis and robots

40k

Napoleonic Highlanders

Warriors of Delmonteland with authentic scenery?

Me yesterday at scout meeting

My painting desk on Tuesday morning, not a single partly painted mini!

Thanks Curt for organizing this Challenge again and Sarah for supporting this maniac! Thanks fellow minions and participants! Thanks for all the comments!

If you like to keep up with my painting projects between challenges, feel free to follow me in Instagram @vainvader78. Remember to join AHPC group in Facebook, too. And remember to keep your eyes open the coming November to be able to join the next Challenge.

Meanwhile you can practice some Finnish...

31 comments:

  1. I knew I forgot something! Yes, I have paid the participation fee, although it was difficult to find a way to make donation to libraries in Finland...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Thanks for reminding me!

      I always enjoy your posts and cameraderie each year- looking forward to next time!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind words. Looking forward to be here next year.

      Delete
    3. Good point... I've been checking with the local public libraries in Madrid and they have stopped taking donations. I'm now researching a potential onation to an NGO

      Delete
  2. Well done on a great challenge Teemu. Anyone that has polystyrene spikey cacti in their collection is a proper wargamer in my book. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge! And I will miss your weekly educational posts about Finland ... after these two years, I think I could now move up there and live like a local native without anyone around noticing that I'm Spanish

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very eclectic collection of projects. Well done, Teemu. I think your Highlanders are my favourite. See you in December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frederick, the Library creates nice variation. SyiD! :)

      Delete
  5. Nice collection of painted miniatures. Yours Thor’s day posts were fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work in this Challenge Teemu and I learned a lot about Finland too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dallas! I'm glad you enjoyed my posts.

      Delete
  7. A fine varied collection as always Teemu! Glad to see you back to typical Finnish happiness. It was great to have you around again talking about Finland and you were a great minion for Thor’s Day. See you next winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahah…. Love the video!
    I think we hardy folks from Saskatchewan have the same attitude as the Finns towards winter …. “ just deal with it and get living!”
    And yes, I really would like to visit Finland 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess people from the north need to quite practical and survivor types. Welcome, just ask if you need any advice!

      Delete
  9. Looks like a good one was had. I enjoyed learning about Finns and Finland too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of lovely subjects but I was surprised by the highlanders!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain! Highlanders were bit out of scope, I think, but something I have wanted try some time.

      Delete
  11. Well done Teemu, and thanks for being a top minion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray! You weren't that bad to minion as others might say. :)

      Delete
  12. Well done Teemu. Enjoyed learning about Finland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Peter! Let's see if I can be as educative next year...

      Delete
  13. Love that pic of you in your Scout uniform, Teemu! :) You had another great Challenge. I especially enjoyed seeing your first foray into Napoleonics (those Highlanders are excellent). Thank you again for your wonderful work as our Thorsday Minion. Your top-of-the-day greeting always made me smile. Here's to getting together for Challenge XIV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, looking forward to the next Challenge.

      Delete
  14. Great job Teemu, and great output! Lovely work, and great final photo as well! :D

    ReplyDelete