Wednesday 9 January 2019

From JohnSh - Krautian Jägers for Slaughterloo

It is no secret that I am a huge fan of Slaughterloo, the mass battle fantasy Napoleonic game from Alternative Armies. Sure the concept is flaky, the figures are goofy but more importantly they are hugely fun to paint and the game is a cracker! I would go so far as to say that it is one of the top 5 Napoleonics games ever.

One of my goals for Challenge IX is to paint up the Krautian Division that has been taunting me from the Room of Shame for several years. My first unit of the painting table is the Krautian Jägers, 12 lightly armed troops.


Krautians are a fantasy analogue of Prussians. I actually spent some time researching the Prussian Light troops uniforms before painting these. I am very pleased with the results. I have shied away from yellow on my historical figures but I think it looks quite effective on these.


I particularly like the trumpeter with the "Do-Rag" and the fellow with the brass blunderbuss. Not the kind of chap you want to get in a scrap with!

That's another 60 points for me I believe. Now, on to some line infantry.

_______________________________________________________________

'The Room of Shame"? Hooboy, do I know that feeling...

John, these are extremely characterful miniatures, and I do like the fantasy take on Napoleonics (Does this mean the Ogre of Corsica will be an actual Ogre?).

I have no idea what a Prussian Jäger is supposed to look like, but I like what I see; 60 points, well played Sir!

Ev

19 comments:

  1. Very nice work mate! Not sure about Prussian Light Troop uniforms, but these fellows look resplendent in Aussie Green and Gold! I look forward to seeing them on a table top :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And 25% of the way to your target as well! Nicely done

      Delete
    2. Over 33% now with these bad boys!

      Delete
  2. Great looking dwarf Napoleonic troops!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! Those are definitely some super characterful sculpts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very characterful unit, and the yellow has come out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, I'm pleased with the result. And that's a 25+ year old pot of Citadel Yellow at work.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant! Lovely figures there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice minis. Slaughterloo seems like an interesting alternative to the bland, all human armies of regular Napoleonic wargaming. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, no imagination that Napoleon chap. He definitely needed more elves and dwarves in his armies.

      Delete
  7. Bonkers. Love them. Well done John!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, bonkers they are. The best kind of bonkers.

    ReplyDelete