Wednesday 9 January 2019

From MikeD: House Delaque Gangers 50pts

With the Challenge starting during the holidays, and all the travelling it entails, I always feel I'm getting a late start. I don't think I've ever gotten on the board in December and this year is no different. My personal mission for this year is to try to plow through all the Games Workshop boxes I've gotten in the past few months. I've especially fallen in love with the new Necormunda minis that came out last year. I've bought every model that has come out, and only in past couple of months have I painted up the initial box set. So this year's challenge begins for me with these House Delaque gangers.




Predictably, I'm not as in love with the actual game as I am with the figures. I really like the gang/cult scale and fluff. I've got a ton of Genestealer Cult figures done, and I've been thinking about adapting Sharp Practice (a system I really like a lot) for this setting. I'm hoping to get through Orlock and Cawdor as well as some Chaos Cultists and the Blackstone Fortress by the time this is all over. (I don't know if I'll ever break the shrink wrap on the Adeptus Titanicus stuff I bought). Anyhow, that's my first 50 points in the bank for this winter.

________________________________________________________________________

You've certainly done these Delaque Gangers justice, Mike; that's 10 of the myopic devils for a very respectable 50 points!

Probably going to see a few more Necromunda gangs down the track, I have an inkling...

Ev

12 comments:

  1. Great looking bunch of gangers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran original Delaque, I have some regrets about selling them... I'm very interested to hear about your Sharpe Practice variant and would love to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those leather dusters have always seemed sinister to me. Really well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not quite sure what they are, but great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Delaque got way creepier in the new edition.
    Great work on your gangers, the look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice looking. Great job? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the necromunda models and you have done a great job painting them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work Mike. Necromunda was never my thing, but I can sure relate to loving the figures more than the rules. These look great, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these minis! I've been wanting to paint one or two of these since I first saw them (they're very 'Dark City'). Great work Mike.

    ReplyDelete