Tuesday 22 January 2019

From RayR - Donnybrook Scots Horse (120 Points)



The secrets out....I've been building another Donnybrook army! And I haven't even finished the others yet!!!!!!

I can hear the groans already...

This time I've gone north, up to Scotland, for a 1689 Battle of Killicrankie Highlander army. (and yes I do already have these troops in 15mm). Above we have 6 x Reiver Castings Lowlander Scots Horse


And here we have another 6 x Reiver Castings, these are Generals/Officers, But I shall be using them as Scots Gentleman Horse, from the disbanded Horse regt, "His Majesty's Own Regt of Horse". Commanded by the Laird of Claverhouse or Bonnie Dundee himself. (They'll also be seconded into the Duke of Monmouth Sedgemoor army. wink, wink)


They may well be combined for a mixed 12 figure unit as well? Becoming Wallace's Horse, the only Scottish Horse unit present at the Battle of Killicrankie.


So, Mr Hadley, that's 12 x 25mm Cavalry at 10 points each making 120 points for me!



A very nice collection of Cavalry. I like the fact that they are utilitarian enough to represent several different units which means they have more opportunity to be used (hint, hint). I like the way you paint your horses, your cavalry always look very good. A nice solid 120points will push you up the table a bit, and it also means your widening the gap between you and Fran! 
Lee



32 comments:

  1. Building another Army when others remain unfinished, shocking behaviour !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work Ray. Bonnie Dundee's army at Killicrankie is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray these are lovely! I always find cavalry rather challenging to paint but yours look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick, its the ink, a blessing in disguise.

      Delete
  4. Well done Ray.
    Building another army without having finished the first? I call that "Thursday"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super looking cavalry units and even better you can get more than one use out of them!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, that's what's good about this period.

      Delete
  6. Lovely work on these riders, Ray!

    I visited the battlefield at Killiekrankie nearly ten years ago now, and it was an eerie experience - what a terrible place to be ambushed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go visit the site, maybe one day?

      Delete
  7. Nicely done Ray, a lovely addition to Donnybrook, although I am guessing it's getting mighty crowded in that village!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cavalry Ray - top job!

    ReplyDelete