Tuesday 22 January 2019

From SanderS - More Heroquest figures (80 points)

Hoi, So here's a surprise: more Heroquest figures from me. The game really benefits from as many scenario specific figures as you can manage to gather. I have managed to obtain quite a lot of "mercenaries" made for the game. These all resemble the early Empire soldiers with a quasi Landsknecht-ish uniform. I have already painted some up in black and some others in white so needed yet another different scheme, after some consideration I ended with the Ultramarines of the Empire: the Reiksguard.

There are several different weapons options and by leaving the hands with weapons unglued you can switch them out as needed. Since I have so many figures I just glued them on anyway.


So to distinguish between the weapon-types it looked like a good idea to do differently coloured plumes, they are all black with a different coloured tip.




Yellow plumes for the Halbardiers, blue for the greatswords and green for the scouts (sword and buckler). The officer, carrying a greatsword, has a white plume.


I also painted up some more single figures, 2 heroes and a monster. First up is the monster. It's an old school metal figure of a Pink/ Blue Horror from the Warp. It is fun when a daemon is summoned so here it is. Since my skills in blending are rubbish I decided to go with a classic case of dry brushing.







Then on we go towards another wizard. There's a website that's a true treasure trove for HQ called Ye Olde Inn and there you can get cards for all lores of magic, including Chaos, Skaven and so on. So having a lot of wizards is a good thing. I already have a bright (or fire) wizard but I could also use a blue one to depict the lore of air or water. It's a Zealot miniatures version of the HQ wizard and here he is:








Last but not least is a Hasslefree thief, but at a pinch, I could also use her as a sorceress. This is a lovely figure that just about painted herself...



There are 16 figures in this lot which should be good for another 80 points.

Cheers Sander


More heroquest goodness and a great looking set f models. I love the wizard, he has so much energy it's a great figure. And the sultry sorceress in nicely done too. I like the fact you have distinguished the various Reiksguard figures with different plumes. A nice solid 80 points for this lot. 
Lee

31 comments:

  1. They look rather spiffing! Well done Sander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific work Sander! Those not-renaissance infantry are excellent but I have to say my favourite is that wizard casting a spell with his wand - very characterful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, well the wizard actually is a very crude figure as far as detailing is concerned but the pose is striking indeed.

      Delete
  3. really love the colour scheme on these

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely selection of old school minis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Sander. I love that Wizard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely almost landsknechts,great looking wizard and a fab Thief!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't tell anyone but the thief is actually my favourite out of this bunch ;-)

      Delete
  7. Sander, you've found some lovely figs and really given them a top shelf paint job. great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evan, yeah the shelf is starting to groan under all those HQ figures...

      Delete
  8. Really good work. I wish more miniatures would paint themselves. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff Sander - well done!

    ReplyDelete