Friday 22 February 2019

From EricM: The British Are Coming! (256 points)

Continuing with my Napoleonic focus I have switched to the British.  In the last couple weeks I have been able to complete 2-24 figure units of Peninsular British.  The plan is to use these for Too Fat Lardies Sharp Practice game.  My hope its to break them in at a game we are putting on at Cold Wars in 3 weeks.  Wow, 3 weeks, how did that happen?

The first unit I worked on were comprised of Perry Miniatures.  I chose the campaign dress option.I love the tattered and bedraggled look of the sculpts. Lots of patches and torn clothes.  My personal favorite is the guy with a boot that is split and his toes are showing through. The Perry brothers do some amazing work. 

Here's a look at the whole group


I painted the flags as the 27th foot the Inniskillings.  I thought the tattered look would be fitting for them.

Next is a closer view of the color party




The grenadiers

The lights







And a close up of the colors






The second unit I painted was comprised of figures from Front Rank. I really like these figures the slightly exaggerated features seem to really assist in painting. They are very well fed compared to Perry's, I wouldn't mix the two in the same unit. I think they will be fine on the same table.

Here is the full group
Close ups of the grenadiers and lights

And last the color party
I have really enjoyed this project. I am way behind schedule, I haven't even primed the cavalry. This painting challenge will mark my lowest output since starting four years ago.  I am prepared at this point to admit I will fall well short of my 1500 point goal.  I just hope Curt doesn't drum me out.

I hope to have a few buildings and my Curtgeld in the next week (honest its not a bribe)
My total for the week (ok really 2 weeks) was 48 28mm infantry.

__________________________________________________________________


Our next entry comes to Curt's Catwalk by way of Savile Row.

Red has been a popular color for minatures this season, but EricM brings a paint grenade's worth to the runway. Adding in the handpainted flags, and we have a potent, very not French, entry.

The judges give them a round 240 points for the infantry, and another 16 for the handpainted flags, for a total of 256 points!

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Eric, thanks for sharing these excellent Redcoats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These look great, super work! Really nice finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on these two units. I’m torn between Front Rank and Perry at times. I really love the Perry sculpts and variety of realistic poses. I also love the clean crisp details on the FR figures. You’re probably right that they don’t mix so well in a single unit but there’s no problem in segregated units.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking units. The hand painted flags look superb.

    ReplyDelete