Friday 22 February 2019

From PaulSS: Hundred Years War French foot (30 points)


Just a small update this week of five French foot for the Agincourt project. I've also been working on quite a bit of other stuff, but for various reasons these are the only figures completed this week. Hopefully I shall have a bumper update next week.


All are assembled from the Perry Miniatures Agincourt French Infantry 1415-29 set and are almost the last Hundred Years War figures I have on hand at the moment. I'd made a vow to not buy any more until the challenge was over but failed dismally and now another order is already on it's way from Arcane Scenery. I've justified the purchase to myself as I had ran out of Renedra 20mm bases and nobody local has them in stock so I may as well get some figures too.


The flag is Sieur Chaunot from the Hundred Years War range from Battle Flag and is likely a little early for Agincourt, but adds some colour. The flags are a little large for the Perry standard poles so I had to trim it a little.


While I was gluing on a flag I added some flags to a few of the earlier painted figures, clockwise from top left: Louis I de Brosse Siegneur de Brossac, Jean IV Comte d' Harcourt, Sir Richard FitzSimon, Louis I de Nevers Comte de Flanders.


So, that should be five figures at 5 points each, plus 5 flags at a point each for 30 points, a low score for me this week. These should also add to me Hither do I Challenge Thee (SD4) duel total.

__________________________________________________________________

And, as usual, we lead today off with a display of sartorial elegance from the House of Valois, located in Paris, with satellite flagship stores in Orléans, Anjou, Burgundy, and Alençon. These fellows grace the runway with a manly clank of armor, but bring a splash of color through their great banners and the occasional dash of livery.

The minions award PaulSS a robust 30 points!

17 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Paul, very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While the quantity may be reduced, the quality remains high. Looking forward to seeing what arrives in your next order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter.
      Currently painting furiously at French mounted men at arms and French pavisers and crossbowmen at the moment. The former are likely to make the cut before I go on vacation next Tuesday, the latter are really all done and waiting LBMS transfers as I don't fancy trying to match six identical shield designs.
      I'm also working on a 'Fellowship' duel made of these plastics too.

      Delete
  3. Great additions to your very inspiring project Paul.
    And your 5 model submission is 5 better than mine this week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking French and great looking banners!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice mate, I like the idea of the space-fillers for the sabotbase, it gives you loads of options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, just trying out some similar options for sabot command bases now.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful work Paul! I just got me the Perry special figure for Tactica and looking at your fabulous output here I might be inclined to actually get some fellows to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, at about 20 quid a box it's easy to get pulled in ;)

      Delete
  7. Looks great Paul really enjoying your HYW project!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete