Friday 22 February 2019

From JohnS: A Bit of This and That (38 points)

I spent a lot of my hobby time over the last few weeks preparing and running our club's first local game convention. Despite a busy schedule, I managed to sneak in a bit of painting. No giant point bombs today, but at least I polished off a few more figures.



I added machine guns and a new matte black finish to this 20mm scale car for Gaslands. I intended to paint it in some sort of garish silver or purple, but it simply called out to be painted black in homage to the 1989 Batmobile. It's hit the table a few times and has proven especially deadly!



Luke Skywalker has been fighting in my Monday night Star Wars Legion battles for months in a simple brown primer coat. I rushed a quick paint job on him, good enough for tabletop play and maybe a few points for the challenge.



Finally I finished up my collection of Astropolis krogloggs. The intricate sculpts and detail warrant additional painting time which I've enjoyed, but certainly slowed my progress in the challenge.



That's it for this week! Four 28mm figures and a 20mm vehicle.

__________________________________________________________________

Next up on the runway we have a passle of folks in a sand palate.  The Batmobile is exquisite and Luke is more than just a quick points steal (a very fashionable and understated light saber there), but, once again, it's your krogloggs who're the showstoppers.

The extra detail may have slowed you, but it is worth it. They're spectacular.

The judges award 15 points to Batman, 5 to Luke, and eighteen to the Kroglogg, for a grand total of 38!

10 comments: