Tuesday 31 December 2019

From TeemuL: Trio of Theodens (20 points)

Our modest group of Middle-Aged Strategy Battle Games (https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/) had a painting challenge of our own, kind of a Tale of four Warlords, running from September to December. The goal was to paint a single warband in a month for Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game. That is a nice and a flexible target, since even a single hero counts as a warband. Or you could paint mounted hero with 18 followers (mounted and dismounted versions of each), big monsters or anything in between, what ever suits you. I chose Rohan as my army, since my starter box was still untouched for that part... December is the last month and the bonus goal is to paint what ever you want. I have been quite busy, so I took a modest target, but I really needed a king in my army, so I painted three.



There's the new plastic Theoden from the starter, mounted and dismounted. I chose the version with helmet on. And then my bonus goal was an old metal Theoden on foot, without the helmet or shield. Not very useful gamewise, since you can't field all three at the same time. There's still more Rohan to paint, basic warriors and riders as well as heroes, so I might present more of this next year.



These are painted almost all with just contrast paints, the base and metal parts being the exceptions. Nice and easy to paint, once I figured out the color schemes and process earlier this year.



I still haven't found the Challenge Island, nor I have painted the Entry fee, I've been too busy finishing other stuff and installing new floor to my hobbyroom and 2 bedrooms... And that project is still not done... Anyway, this should give me another 20 points.

__________________________________

Great work Teemu. I like the idea your group had of focusing on an achievable target to get everyone working on the same project. Your Theodens look very good and vibrant. I especially like the yellow of the shields and the green of the horse's caparison. 

Good luck on your house renovations and come back to us soon!

-Curt

11 comments:

  1. Great work! My favorite of Tolkien's Kings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, we all need three Theodens ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to figure out what the collective noun for Theodens would be bu5 gave up. Great work on him/them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Theodens! A Yozer of Theodens, maybe that's me mixing up my shows!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. very well painted, I'm testing some contrast basic colors (white and black) as we speak ans your models look great, let's see what I achieved

    ReplyDelete
  6. For when two Theodens aren't enough! Great work.

    ReplyDelete