Tuesday 31 December 2019

AdamC: Cooke's Crevase Part 2: The Tell (15 Points)


Visiting Cookes Crevasse a second time on my way back from Douchery's Docks.  I had originally conceived of this as a larger rendition of my previous visit


But this shape (which comes form the same package) had a number of areas that needed to be filled to keep it from looking too artificial.  It then occurred to me that I could make this an advantage by calling this a Tell (some times spelled Tel) rather than a Hill.


I added some scraps of rock that I've scavenged from my yard and which I believe were part of previous counter tops or similar stone accents that the last renovation used as fill and floated to the top in rain storms.

 I also used some aquarium gravel to represent rubble spilling form exposed areas.  In 25 mm this makes a good terrain piece for Frostgrave (I'll may add some snow or ice using cotton balls or something similar) or as part of a pulp adventure in the middle east and it will still works for 15mm games in North Africa or the Middle East.


 Dimensions not counting the base its 7"x8"x3 inches that last number is the height and I'm viewing it as an average. As you can see in the top isn't level but this is provably close to what you would get if you smoothed everything out.
So those dimensions come out to just a bit over 75% of the volume of at 6" Cube so I think ti should net me 15 Points?  Again I'm notoriously bad at estimating the points for terrain. On to Hawken's Hill and a project that has languished built but not painted since Challenge VI.

___________________

Your interest in geological features is rather 'telling', Adam. 

Mic drop.

Hookay... You are really rocking the shipping packaging this week, Adam. I especially like you sourcing the flotsam of previous reno projects to add a filler. Very creative work, well done!

-Curt

9 comments:

  1. More great geology. Minor differences in the minerals on the top layer of rock make it harder than the surrounding rock. The surrounding rock erodes away leaving behind a Mesa. Tell is a new one on me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Tel is more of an Archeological term than a geological one. I dreamed of getting into that field and did a lot of reading about digs in my youth (still do from time to time)

      Delete
    2. True, big assed pile of rubble

      Delete
  2. Great work on these terrain pieces Adam, plus I learned what a Tel is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another well made piece of terrain that would look great in everyone's collection, really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another good bit of recycling! Looks great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete