Sunday 5 January 2020

From AlexS:Pirate pirates off the Reidy's reef (130 pts)

Hello everybody! My name is Alex and I was very wrong a few years ago. I bought pirate miniatures from a private person over the Internet. Boys love pirates, right? But it turned out that this man sold me not a licensed product, but transfusions of official miniatures made in the basement.


This often happens, but usually with miniatures produced by the company GW, because of their high price, while the prices for chemicals for home production are much lower. But this was the first time that I bought unlicensed historical miniatures.


The low quality of these pirates did not make me want to paint them. But the event began and I read with pleasure about the atoll, where pirates and all the others who are connected with the sea live. Is it not a challenge to make pirate miniatures for this location? And I tried very hard to color them so that their low quality could not be seen. I hope I succeeded.


And having finished them, I enjoyed and relieved. Because I was able to overcome myself and do it thanks to the event. And that's great!


Thanks to Mr. Reidy and Curt for giving me the opportunity to paint these miniatures. In addition, I made thematic markers for the game. After all, pirates are looking for Aztec gold, is not it?


points:
28mm gun x 2 = 20pts
28mm inf x 15 = 75 pts
28mm markers x 8 = 5 pts
bonus points - 30 pts

total 130 pts

MilesR: These are wonderfully painted pirates even if they are of questionable lineage.  To be honest, you've put me in a bit of a moral quandary on how to handle this post.  Thank goodness I am a financial services professional and trained how to handle delicate ethical issues such as this in order to maximize profit.  

Please approach the bench and hear my judgment.  It is not open to appeal.  For the charge of submitting game markers you are awarded 5 points as they are terrain like in nature and seem to fill 25% of the sacred terrain cube.  For submitting pirated figures you are assessed a fee of 5 points.  For realizing that the denizens of Reidy's Reef have a certain level of morale flexibility and accept all (paying) visitors your are awarded 5 additional bonus points.  Court is adjourned.

15 comments:

  1. Awesome work Alex, even it they are of a chequered provenance.

    Miles, you are like Solomon, except for the morally challenged and oily part (thanks for that wonderful sobriquet Noel!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pirated pirates? Whatever next! I am quite happy to report that your painting has hidden any low quality of the figures - great job, alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you got duff goods, but you have a done a great job of painting them Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone once told me that it doesn't matter where you've come from, but where you're going is what matters, and I think you've taken these pirates to a much better place. The paint work is amazing and I couldn't initially see there lower quality. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a good job painting up those pirates, and kudos for being honest about their origins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look really good. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dodgy pirates turned out well. I especially like the gun and crew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always difficult to know what to do with pirated figures. I bought a collection of Ancient Egyptians, of which half appear to be pirated, and I feel I should simply destroy them, but can't quite bring myself to!
    Your pirated pirates appear suitably piratical and, as you bought them in good faith, you should certainly play with them in clear conscience. However, if they find themselves losing a game, you may know why!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking pirated pirates!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks to the strict and fair judge, as well as to all who wrote the comments. Your support is important to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm... pirated Pirates? Who'd have thought that such things exist. Now, despite their questionable provenience you've done a very nice job of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pirated Pirates or not, they still look pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. More excellent work Alex! There is something about the naval mount for a cannon that makes the weapon look super cool...so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very handy markers! And a pox on all pirates.

    ReplyDelete