Wednesday 1 January 2020

From StephenS - The price is right... (65 points)

G'day Everyone and a Happy New Year to all!

It's good to be back and what could be a better way to kick of 2020 than with my first post of Challenge X!

First up is my entry fee for this year's Challenge. I've chosen something that will hopefully appeal to a wide range of my fellow challengers; a 28 mm British officer from Warlord Games. He was lying around with a few other bits and bobs as part of what was to be my first foray into Napoleonic gaming, with the idea of building a British force from the Peninsular campaigns for Sharp Practice. However, I soon fluttered onto other projects and that niche was filled by other members from my club. Such is the circle of the hobby. Now, as I'm not a Napoleonic's player myself I've just copied the artwork from Warlord's website, so any complaints about how I've painted the uniform should be forwarded onto them ;)



Next up is a brand-new project that has my 3-year old son very excited. I've gotten my grubby hands on the new Marvel: Crisis Protocol skirmish game from Atomic Mass Games and I'm very much looking forward to getting the rest of the figures painted up. Whilst I enjoy the movies, superheroes and comic books are not something I've really shown much interest in gaming before. My son though, is absolutely in love with the 'Avengerbees' (as he calls them) and I've caught his enthusiasm. I have the Incredible Hulk, who needs no introduction. I also have M.O.D.O.K., who I did need to look up. His acronym I now know, stands for Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing - which says all you need to know about him, I guess. The best description I've heard is that he is what might have happened if Stephen Hawking had decided to use his intellect for nefarious things, like world domination. They are 40 mm plastic miniatures.



A shot for scale comparison. Any suggestions I would include superheroes in a re-fight of Waterloo are... probably right on the money!  
I've scored the 40 mm monsters as mounted figures due to their size but am happy to be corrected. This along with the 28 mm mounted officer and the entry bonus should hopefully add up to 65 points.

Cheers,

Steve

Welcome along Stephen. Thats a fine first post. I just love the MODOK.. and the Hulk looks just the part - 65 points it is!

14 comments:

  1. Hulk and MODOK look fab, Stephen, as does the officer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Hulk is really great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome aboard and good work on these. Modok has the exact expression Curt wears after a bad die roll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely officer and great superheroes!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, these are all just terrific. The officer looks suitably imperious and commanding and I love that you're getting into the Avengers from your son's enthusiasm. Awesome. The skintones on both the Hulk and MODOK are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on all of these guys - and especially the Hulk and the MODOK. They're terrific castings and you've done them great service with the brushes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on all of these, but Hulk of course is especially imposing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Supes are excellent, really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work on all three but my favourite has to be Hulk - brilliant stuff

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely officer and imposing Hulk!

    ReplyDelete