Monday 17 February 2020

From Barks: On the Rocks at Awdry's Atoll (35 Points)

Some quick generic scenery- the groundwork took much much longer than the painting and flocking. I stuck some bark chips to a CD with two-part epoxy, then blended them in with builders' plaster. I added more texture with some grit and sand, and then sealed the whole thing with a mix of PVA and isopropyl alcohol.


I painted the whole thing Raw Umber, the drybrushed the rocks grey and then the whole thing cream. I flocked it with ground foam and then static grass. Finally, I added some flowers from Gamers Grass- I was very impressed with the effect of these. I have often been wary of adding them as I think too many can detract from the model.
Passing wizard for scale



Scenery ~5 points
Awdry's Atoll 30 Points


***

Ah, some bark chips from Barks! Well, that will do nicely. Well done Barks! 35 points on the pile!

GregB

20 comments:

  1. Excellent terrain Barks. You’re motoring through the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pine bark does it every time - well done mate, though a little light on skullz...
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid work Barks, good to see you used some bark chips on it. Barks bark, there you go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking piece of terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good colours on these rocks Barks!

    ReplyDelete