Monday 17 February 2020

From PaulSS: Confederate 3-inch Rifle (30 Points)



This weekend I finished off another artillery piece from the Perry Miniatures artillery set that I've been working on.

This time the gun is modelled as a 3-inch rifle.


The barrels are solid cast, but I drill out a few millimetres  with a pin vice to make them look a little less flat.

On this one I even remembered to paint and add the bucket that comes on the frame, very handy if you are a gunner!


This crew is all posed as if they are re-positioning the piece to face a new target, #1 and #2 maneuver the wheels while #3 hauls on the hand-spike and the #4 coordinates the efforts.


All are painted in a common uniform, a base-coat of VMC Basalt Grey for the kepi and coats and a base-coat of VMC Neutral Grey for the trousers.


A 28mm gun and four more gunners should add me another 30 points to my total.

***

Great work Paul. I always find painting artillery to be such a chore. I appreciate that you put a lot of thought into what the different crew are doing, so each base looks like a sensible story when complete.  Fine work here - and top-shelf brush work too! 

GregB

24 comments:

  1. You’re getting good mileage from this one kit Paul. I do like the variety of poses that these Perry plastics give you and again your posing is Aces. Nice brush work too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Greg, many thanks. I quite like painting guns, much more than cavalry at least ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking gun and crew. No matter the period, I always enjoy the dynamic artillery crews offered by the Perry's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to see the full battery when they're all done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks, I will see if I can get a group shot

      Delete
  5. Another great looking artillery piece!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very fine looking piece Paul!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've certainly done these figures justice, well done Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous additions to your artillery collection Paul! Your forces must pack quite some serious fire power by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there are about 10 pieces now. I plan to add a couple more during this challenge, but back on HYW at the moment.

      Delete
  9. Very good shades of grey mate ;-)

    ReplyDelete