Monday 17 February 2020

Roundwood's Tower From PeteF: Ghar Tectorists in Trailblazers' Red White & Black (50 Points)

This is the twelfth location I have visited on Challenge Island and it seemed like a good reason to take on one of the projects that needs to be finished: a Ghar Army for Beyond The Gates of Antares.


The original army was the result of an unfortunate butt dial that caused an EBay purchase of the Ghar Starter Army for Beyond the Gates of Antares. Later I found yet more Ghar (and the rules) at a very tempting price so I added to the sci-fi section of the shelf of shame with no real plan as to how and when they'd be assembled and painted.


Thanks to Challenge VIII I got started on the Ghar and in Challenge IX I picked the Trailblazers color scheme as my submission for the Sport theme.  I've done a few more of the Battle suits in the interim but had yet to complete any of the infantry Ghar Outcast support models. The color scheme is my alternative view on the Antares universe - my mother in law is a Portland Trailblazers season ticket holder and I get to a few games each season.


The Tectorists are scouts whose proximity makes attacks on enemy units more effective. In the Antares Universe the outcasts are poorly armoured and weak types used mainly as laser cannon fodder.


These proved quite tricky to paint - black primer was probably not a good idea with so much white in the color scheme. Notes to self: grey primer, thinner paints. I also made the mistake of removing them from their integral bases after painting them... and it took a while to figure out the best way to do it. We live and learn. The final result will do for wargaming and I'm looking forward to seeing the whole Red, White & Black army out on the table.



4x28mm infantry and a new area explored for a total of 50 points.


***

Nice work here Pete! I particularly enjoy the idea of the accidental-butt-dial purchase leading to this collection, and the tie-in colour-wise to various sports franchises.  On top of it all, the miniatures and paint work looks great too! Well done. 

I look forward to using this excuse to start a new collection...

That will be 50 points for you sir! 

GregB

7 comments:

  1. Uh huh, it was a butt dial. Sure. Nice work and I like the Blazers themed liveries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking accidental sci fi types!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on the amount of stuff in my hobby room, my butt has a lot of explaining to do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is indeed a very well chosen colourscheme!

    ReplyDelete