Thursday 20 February 2020

From JamieM - ghouls and ghosts (122 points)

Anyone else remember that classic arcade game ghouls and ghosts? Boy, was it tough..... designed to get you spending lots and lots of ten pence pieces and no mistake.

Anyway, February has seen me start about 5 projects, faffing about doing bits on each and finishing absolutely nothing. Until now that is! Herewith find some ghouls and ghosts from GW’s Nighthaunt range.  Why did I start a new army? Well, my son has been dead keen to play miniatures games and we've bought a few GW ones to play.  He also started badgering me about Age of Sigmar and so I caved in and bought the mid level starter set GW does for it, which is ridiculous value for what you get.  And this way I can say that my spending is so I can spend more time with him.... and it has nothing at all to do ith my lack of willpower..... honest


These first chaps are Grimghast reapers.  I went for ghostly paint for everything except weapons.  i figure that the unquiet spirits dredge up the memory of clothes, chains, etc. but the evil necromancer keeps a supply of rusty weapons that they all pick up when summoned.....


Next up are the Glaivewraith Stalkers.  Wouldn't fancy meeting them in a dark alley.


These are Myrmourn Banshees.  I actually bought these in addition to the starter box (see: lack of willpower above) as GW are doing one of these partworks magazines for AoS and for £6 I got these, a pot of white paint and a starter brush for my son to use.


The sculpts are amazing, whatever you think of GW and their practices, they are absolutely at the cutting edge of plastic miniature technology.


These poor souls are Chainrasps.


The next one is the leader, a Lord Executioner.  True to GW form, he's somewhat over the top and carries around stuff for two different forms of execution.


Lovely sculpt though.


And here is a family photo (except for the banshees, who I forgot to put in there)


Right, I'm off to work some more on my coliseum (I had to look up the correct spelling of that) as random ideas for extra stuff to add to it keep running through my head!

There are 23 28mm figures and 1 40mm figure for a total of 122 points I think?

I absolutely love these, the colour is spot on. Your son will love playing with them

Martin

9 comments:

  1. Great work on these Jamie. Great motion on the sculpts and I like the eerie palette that you’ve used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ghastly chaps and chapesses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Jamie! How did you get the rust effect? That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sculpts and a great finish on them all!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Greg, those rusted blades are terrific looking. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done! The contrast between the ethereal spirits and their equipment works fantastic. Wouldn’t have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look very cool really like the ethereal effect!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete