Saturday 29 February 2020

From JohnP - 28mm Burch's Bluff Legio Custodes Caladius (50 pts)

It's been quite a while since my last post. My apologies. I recently completed a commission for a good friend of mine. We're heading to Adepticon in a little less than a month, and I've got to get another one of these painted up for him as a commission! Yikes! Commission work pretty much sank my ability to focus on AHPC, unfortunately, but I've learned a great deal from the experience. Hopefully I can get a few more things in before the competition concludes. Comments and criticisms are welcome.

I'd like to saunter over to Burch's Bluff, because this here Caladius Tank is the workhorse of the Legio Custodes vanguard armies. It served admirably when the Wolf King and his sons scoured Prospero with the aid of the silent sisters and the Legio Custodes. It continues to earn glorious reputation in battle some 10,000 years later.



Comments and feedback are always welcome. Thanks for looking!

***
Awesome looking tank here!  The model is great and has a very sci-fi almost Buck Rodgers pulp look to me.  I also love the effective use of the unit colours in the front panels against the gold of the rest of the model.  Also the gun heat effects at the end of the barrel are top notch.  I wish you guys luck at Adepticon!

-ByronM

7 comments:

  1. Lovely work John Paul, particularly the plasma coil glow and the heat scorched metal at the muzzles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a really exciting piece. Excellent paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid looking 30k/40k tank!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most impressive! I'm not overly fond of the design but your paint job is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paintjob on this gorgeous vehicle is just downright excellent John!

    ReplyDelete