Wednesday 12 February 2020

From PeterD 28mm SYW Hanoverians for Sander's Sand Dunes (70 points)


So far my posts have been mostly focused on my odd little naval projects plus other odds and sods.  This time a round I am returning to the project that occupied almost my entire Challenge IX the Seven Years' War. 

For Sander's Sand Dunes the requirement is RED and it think that these 8 Hanoverian infantry men fit the bill.  These guys are from Hanoverian Battalion 4B known by the inhaber's name, which was Marschalk until the end of 1760 and Crashaur after that.  I tend to complete these units in three batches of eight, and this is the third batch stated but the second completed for the regiment.  Batch 1 was posted late in AHPC IX.  Batch 2 was primed in time for that Challenge and started over the summer but languished about 75% done by the start of this year's affair.  Hopefully I'll get them finished once this year's madness is over.

Once again these are 28mm Front Rank SYW figures and very nice to paint up.


That's 8 28mm foot figures @5 points each plus the location bonus for a 70 point total.  Plus I get to update my map...


And my scout badge collection...

From DaveD - Peter , note how I have not deleted anything ...not even that bottom picture! A fine entry for Sander's Sand Dune

19 comments:

  1. Very nice additions to your collection, Peter. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the points Dave. I did note that nothing disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking Hanoverians! Very smart!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Peter. Front Rank really are a lot of fun to paint, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. I do like them but I wish there was more variety in their SYW poses.

      Delete
  5. Awesome Hanoverians Peter! Must say I rather do like you adding that last picture. When young I was a member of the "Water scouts" no idea what's it called in English, but dropped out when going to high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sander. It would be Sea Scouts in Canada

      Delete