Sunday 8 March 2020

From JamesM: 'For Joshua' 10mm Fantasy Undead and Artillery (1108 points)

Hi Folks,

I'm still here, honest!

The last few weeks I have been plugging away at a few models for the challenge, but the vast majority of my time has been spent sorting out models I've received for the project.

This weekend I finished basing 54 bases of models, most of them on 50mm by 100mm, with a few 50mm and 25mm rounds thrown in. I'd like to say I'm caught up, but I have two more armies worth of mini's still to base, and received some from Ray and some from a fellow blogger (Lee) today. Not that I am complaining, the response has been fantastic, heartwarming, generous and unbelievably kind - and I don't think I could adequately put into words how grateful I am for all those who have spent some time painting something for my wee boys memory.

Today, my aim was to finish off some of by own bits and maybe get a few more points onto my tally.


Given that we aim to put on a participation game at Hammerhead in a weeks time, I wanted to have a slightly more substantial contribution of my own. So I focused on getting most of my undead done.

Nothing to do with the simple paint job, honest.



Now, things get a little squiffy, as I had also to paint a few models to finish off a friends donation - in the form of three infantry standard bearers, and one mounted.



These have been included into someone else's units, which are now based up:


And a few weeks ago, I also completed some artillery for my knights:



All figures are from Pendrakens ranges, and are 10mm. The undead banner bearers are conversions using paperclips with simple hand painted flags. Mainly because I like how the units look when they have them. The cannon is just from their medieval range - no one seems to do trebuchet, which is what I had been after.

So, totals (without any flag related bonuses applied):

26 Crossbowmen  (26 pts)
24 Archers (24 pts)
12 Cavalry (with own banner) (24 pts)
3 Bannermen (infantry) (3 pts)
1 Cavalry Bannerman (for friends unit) (2 pts)
2 Catapults (4 pts)
8 Catapult crew (8 pts)
3 Cannon (6 pts)
8 Cannon crew (8 pts)

Total: 105 points

MilesR - A fantastically creepy little army, Yet my machinations yield 108 Points as you've earned 3 for the teeny tiny banners with edging on them.  Well Done

9 comments:

  1. Great looking unit a James. Good luck with your game at Hammerhead. I love the flags and those bombards are great. Have you looked at getting trebuchets 3D printed. There’s a couple of challengers who are adept at extrusion, maybe one of them can lend a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little skellies James. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super looking undead army!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. More wonderful work for your worthy project, James. Well done! I agree, the undead need flags just like the living folks and your bespoke efforts look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very impressive lot indeed James!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done James! Hope you guys will enjoy your game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice indeed

    https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

    https://www.10mm-wargaming.co.uk/

    Take care

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely little skellies- not too late to enter the skull contest!

    ReplyDelete