Sunday 8 March 2020

From SamuliS: Trainee Judge to guard my final balloon ride (15 points)

Time for one final balloon ride to take me to the base camp before starting my ascent to Snowlord's Peak.


This time no pulp investigators, but a rather different type of heroine straight from the pages of 2000AD in the form of a female Judge patrolling the unruly streest of Mega City One. The mini comes from the new Warlord Games Judge Dredd game. To be honest the miniatures are actually bit of a let down as they are made from soft plastic like board games and were definitely a pain to clean up. Warlord is saying that this is their new "Warlord resin" but to be honest seems closer to the soft plastic of 70s. Still the detail is fairly good and maybe the soft plastic will mean they are more durable.




This adds another 5 points to my tally and gets me to the foot of Snowlord's Peak ready to start the final ascent.



MilesR: A very nicely executed figure - well done!  Prepare for your Ascent!


Edit from TamsinP: as Teemu has kindly pointed out, this is Samuli's 3rd balloon ride, so I have added his 10 frequent flyer bonus points.

9 comments:

  1. Good looking judge and nice basing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting Samuli. :)

    I do agree with you about the "resin" - it's horrible to work with when prepping the figures; I wish Warlord would give us the option of buying resin or metal. I suspect that casting using this new material also explain why a lot of the poses are quite "flat".

    I'm still trying to decide how to paint mine - bold colours like in the strips or more gritty like the Karl Urban "Dredd" film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, love the vibrant green. I always find it amusing that my childhoods SF future stale dates itself without happening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 🎈A real pleasure transporting you around the island, the female figures you have painted are aces! Good luck with the SnowLords’ Challenge 🎈🎈

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft plastic 'resin'? What's that all about? Gimmee metal anyday. That being said, you've given this trainee terrific attention. I like the vibrant green armoured bits and the basework.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great painting Samuli and good luck on the Peak!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Judge - fine paint job on a lovely mini.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good paint job regardless of the material.

    ReplyDelete