Friday 29 January 2021

From GeorgeS - The Orc's Pit - Warhammer 40K Ork - (25 points)

      I could paint some of my many LOTR Orks for this challenge but I tested my self painting something new... I had these figures for quite a long time but never find the time to put them on my desk..

    So, here it is my First ever 28mm Warhammer 40K " Ork Gretchin" from Old Classic issues.

 

 

As this was my first in this theme , I said why not , I 've painted in my High Standard as a display piece. I used mostly the classic painting scheme and True Metallic for gun and helmet, heavily rusted though..




    So , 20 points for the room and 5 points for the figure = 25 points for me.

   Hope you like this first attempt, though it finally comes out a bit fancy and bright in skin tones. But this was the old school of Warhammer 40K right?  ( I'm not an expert..hahaha)
  

'Till next time..

Keep Up The Brushes!!

 

 

18 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! You are giving me horrific flashbacks to the time I had to paint 80 of the *expletives* for our local store to take to Games Day though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ! This should be Mind melting!! Or maybe a mental meditation treatment..haha . Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Very nice vintage Gretchin! While a big fan of the old GW style I'm glad you didn't go full vintage with those horrendous goblin green bases with green flock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir, I 've seen that on web during my research for the colours. How could they do that to ,otherwise ,beautifull painted minis..(?!?)I couldn't follow that :)

      Delete
  3. Nice looking Gretchen. Love the mock picklehaube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, love the skin tones on these, proper old skool, defo how an orc should look 😀
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ken! I'm not a great fan of these bright colours but for this miniature in the Old School painting, it's one way road.. :)

      Delete
  5. I like the bright colors, the far future is grim, but the colors can be bright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking old school gretchin! I've got a pile of these sitting in the first 40k box up in the loft somewhere!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lain! I got 9 more of these and I'm thinking of making a squad sometime in the future,for my collection :)

      Delete
  7. Yep, I'm with the others: The skintone is awesome. Beautiful brushwork George.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gretchin, the base is outstanding too.

    ReplyDelete