Friday 29 January 2021

from Paul O'G: Roman Auxiliary Archers (40 points)

Been a bit of a slower hobby week in the Man Cave this week so it's good to post up something after a bit of a drier spell.

To add some ranged firepower to my Legionaries, I've added some Auxiliary Archers to my Caesarian Cohorts with these metal Warlord figures. With their tribal style leggings and long drooping moustaches, I see them as last month's conquered Gauls, now sworn into service and fighting next to their new Masters to beat up on their old tribal enemies!

As missile troops cant form close order (in Infamy Infamy!), I've gone for more widely spaced circle basing rather than the closer packed squares that the Legionaries close up in. I think it adds to their personality.  I really like that they come in both standing and kneeling firing positions too.

8 x 28mm figs = 40 points



20 comments:

  1. I like the gold/ black/ tan colours here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JB - as they are Auxilia, I deliberately kept away from bright colours and kept them for the Legionaries.

      Delete
  2. These are really nice. I may have to give Infamy, Infamy a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miles - I've got a table ready for your visit my friend!

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking archers,nice colour combinations!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always handy to knock off a few of the enemy before they reach you 👌
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is, never seems to be quite as many as you'd want though, right? :-)

      Delete
  5. Nice archer unit Paul, they look like dour veterans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - I hope they shoot like veterans too :-)

      Delete
  6. Fantastic work Paul. I really like the colours and basing you've used here (great moustaches as well!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt - the facial hair and leggings, while small details, really set them apart from the Legionaries.

      Delete
  7. Lovely looking auxiliaries. The colour choices really work well for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Paul! They look excellent in their semi-regulation attire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great Paul. Love the droopy moustaches, they look like Floyd Pepper from the Mupper Show band.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now they shall always look like that to me as well Peter!
      :-P

      Delete