Saturday 13 February 2021

From MartinC North Vietnamese Army (210pts)

 A mad week at work has been helped by painting a new and unexpected project. My USMC figures need someone to fight. In this case the NVA. In all conflicts there are at least 2 sides and it is always best to be on side of the people. So this probably makes the NVA the good guys, other opinions are available and mine will change depending on the scenario and mood. 

The NVA generally fielded troops in 2 uniforms, green and khaki, with those in green mainly fighting in the jungle a those in khaki in the more coastal areas. obviously in reality these go mixed. So I've painted both


9 man section

7 man section - I miscounted

8 man squad - still miscounted

8 man squad - my maths has been crap this week

All units need support and these a 2 DShK 12.7mm HMGs with one set up for AAA. The carriage quickly becomes a tripod so dual function for both

Really nice figures

Right my VC have arrived, massively cheap from Westwind, not the best figs, but not bad. Will use 4 of them to complete the NVA platoons

Scores on the doors
38x28mm figs = 190
2xcrew served guns - 20
total 210




13 comments:

  1. Nice work Martin. I’ll be looking forward to more on this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VC and jungle to follow plus specials and that should do it

      Delete
  2. Lovely little collection, Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking units of the NVA!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look good but I would love to see some better photos of these. Martin, they’re a bit washed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, I'll repost them with the USMC when I've done the VC. Having new lighting issues and a new photo editor

      Delete
  5. grwat figures, but what I think really finishes them are the scenic plants included on the bases, very handsome!

    ReplyDelete