Saturday 13 February 2021

From PaulSS: Landwehr Battalion Hildesheim (102pts)


My second battalion of Hanaoverian Landwehr of the challenge is Landwehr Battalion Hildesheim, of the 5th Hanoverian Brigade of Picton's 5th Division at the Battle of Waterloo.


Like the previous unit, I made this unit up by mixing a box each of Warlord Games Waterloo British line and Late Hanoverian Infantry, I prefer the mix of shako and field cap. 


As usual, the standards are from GMB Designs.


With a new delivery arriving from GMB Designs I was also able to add the colours to the 1st (Royal) Dragoons that I posted last weekend.


Our ensign is no longer gesticulating vaguely.


Twenty 28mm figures and a pair of standards will add 102 points to my target.

28mm Napoleonics Duel Totalizer: 26 mounted, 93 foot, 3 guns


22 comments:

  1. Fabulous work. Well done.
    BruceR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mix of Shako and field cap too- great looking unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful proper Napoleonics Scrivs, lovely stuff. Your points have been tallied

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really nicely done, I don’t know much about the era but I do admire the practical red colour and the sensible headgear these fellas seemed to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking Hanoverians Paul. The mix of head wear is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another splendid looking landwehr unit,lovely!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking Hanoverians, always love the look of these with the fatigue hats 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ken, they do break up the lines of shakos nicely

      Delete