Friday 12 February 2021

From PeteF: Skinwalkers Wolf and Bear for The Lair (30 points)

 

In Dracula's America, a skirmish/scuffle with around 10 figures per side, the Skinwalkers faction has two members who can transform themselves into beasts. This wolf and bear complete my first Dracula's America faction - one of my wargaming band has all the terrain we need so, as soon as lock down ends we'll be able test this game. If we enjoy it I like the look of The Dark Confederacy as my next faction.

I got the fur colour recipes from the excellent Painting War: Dark Ages book/magazine. Left to my own devices I would never have come up with khaki(mixed with black) for wolfskin. I like the way it turned out - but still have a lot to learn about painting fur. The horned head on the base was left over from some old GW skellies - gives it a plains feel. Next time I do a plains base I'll try and make some tumbleweed.

The beasties are a little larger than 28mm horses so I'll count them as 5 points each plus 20 for the room.

9 comments:

  1. They look the part Pete! Especially like the wolf. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking pair of wild beasts!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bear would be terrifying coming down a track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely brushwork Pete. Those castings have excellent animation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The teeth on that Bear are particularly scary 😳
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  6. they do look positively feral, nice one!

    ReplyDelete