Thursday 6 January 2022

From AlanD - More Romanians.... (100 points)

 My Romanian infantry continue to receive reinforcements this week. Thanks to the advice of my international snow consultants (Curt and Tamsin), I've improved the snow bases by dry brushing some frost on to the grass sticking out of the snow. Thanks for the advice!

I really like these figures from Great Escape Games, particularly the mix of winter gear and equipment, such as the variety of submachine guns.

One of the figures (a scout?) wears the yellow armbands sometimes worn by Romanians on the Russian Front to differentiate them from the very similar-looking Soviet infantry.

18 x 28mm figures should give me 90 points, with another 10 for the mortar. 

That yellow armband is an intriguing little touch that I appreciate. I do like your earthy tones and the whitewashed helmets. As a fellow antipodean, I think your snowy basing is superb. Brrr!

Barks

18 comments:

  1. Brilliant troops, Dux! I'm glad to hear that you liked my suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Barks- the earth tones and helmets work great together and the advice from Tamsin and Curt has worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice mate - but they look even better in person :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking troops and nice to see minor Axis troops, well done. The winter basing gets this Canuck’s seal of approval. Cheers,
    MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoying this project Dux. These guys are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snowy basing is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor, cold b@stards. Well done Alan. I love this side project of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the general tone of the army, very nice. I do live in the country with proper winters and snow (there's about 10cm or 4 inches outside at the moment), but I have never tried to do snow on miniatures, since it is so tricky. :) And it can be different on different places and different times, it is different when new and old, but anyway, your snow looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice and the colour combinations are eye catching

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well done Alan - it is -24 here in Northern Ontario this morning, and these fellows look like they could be out in the street, your winter effects are quite excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely looking Romanians, luckily no snow here and hopefully none this winter!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all! It has been nudging 30 degrees here and so humid I need gills, so painting these is helping me cool down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super looking figs mate, loving the snow ❄

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  14. gosh they are fabulous Alan

    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete