Sunday 23 January 2022

From Millsy: Sarah's Star Yacht and Celtic Myth (130 points)

G'day All,

Sunday comes around faster that you can poke a brush at a miniature it seems!

Admittedly this submission did turn into something of a rabbit hole with the character of these Erin Celtic Myth miniatures from Alternative Armies well and truly sucking me in. I spent hours each night this week painting these and loved every minute. So much so, that I finished the last one and immediately ordered a whole bunch more. I'm so sorry credit card, I've failed you yet again...

First up we have Morrigan the War Witch, who pays Sarah for another ride on her Star Yacht to carry me to Glorantha in the Quadrant Outer Ring.


Morrigan the War Witch travels to meet up with her fellow Sidhe warriors, who are a great Orlanthi analogue for those who know Runequest at all. All the humans in the following images are again Erin Celtic Myth, whilst the hounds are from the Wargames Atlantic Irish box set. 




Cheeky! You could crack walnuts with those...

Having visited Glorantha I've now travelled through four planets and can dive inwards to the Second Ring. There I once again board Sarah's Star Yacht, this time paying my fare with Babd Macha the Head Collector.

It's not clear whether Babd Macha is a collector of heads, or in charge of head collection, or even some combination of the two. I favour option one, if for no other reason than manager's hardly ever know how to do a subordinate's job! The miniature itself comes with three heads at her feet which seemed like a pretty paltry collection so I added some more. A lot more.




So that tallies up as follows I believe...
  • 14 x 28mm miniatures = 70 points
  • 1 x Challenge Quadrant planet = 20 points
  • 2 x Star Yacht trips = 40 points
Total = 130 points

To finish up here's a couple of shots of my whole Erin Celtic Myth collection so far.



Sarah, please drop me off on Coruscant for my second post this week...

Cheers,
Millsy

_________________________

Oh, these are fabulous Millsy. I can clearly see why you would have been so easily drawn into spending extra time working on them. Of course, I can't help but love Babd Macha. A whole litany of bad jokes and off-colour puns are running through my mind right now, but, while my fingers are veritably twitching over the keyboard, I'll spare you all. 

Terrific work Mr. Mills. Please, we want to see more, so don't loose your head of steam (Sorry, that one just slipped in).

- Curt

20 comments:

  1. Grand job and pictures too

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome. I love that you went extra for the heads too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic bunch of miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - great minis Millsy. Love the colurs you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, Millsy, they remind me a little of mine and Tamsin,’s ancient Germans but through a faerie looking glass! Terrific and so well painted.
    Maybe the ,day is Judy a head check girl, like a hat check girl, or maybe she’s a psychiatrist with a lot of head cases?
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been really enjoying this project Millsy, I am sorely tempted by this range. I think people told the lass to get ahead in live and she decided to overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Collector of heads. Marvelous. Excellent work on all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful group of miniatures!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good looking stuff, really masterpieces! Well done, my minion, we want to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work Mikksy, love the lady with the heads. This is a range that I’ve had my eye on and this makes me want to dive in

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cool one Millsy, your attention to detail really worked out well here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are unusual looking figures, I like the cross between humans and faerie that they seem to have gone for. Lovely painting, nice bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work! Time to head for the hills!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely painting on some really characterful figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grand!
    I love both of these figures. Morrigan is ferocious and the Head Collector is truly fearsome. Hell hath no fury like a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fine work there! Love the pile of heads

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everyone! More soon when my next order arrives

    ReplyDelete
  18. That head-collector is great!

    ReplyDelete