Friday 11 February 2022

From JohnE - 28mm Dutch Garage with Attendant (25 Points)

My first terrain submission for the challenge is a Warbases Dutch Shop that I converted into a garage. After watching the Band of Brothers "Replacements" episode for the...I don't know...12th time, I decided a rural garage was in order. I already had this wonderful little kit from Warbases so hacked an opening for the bay door, added some plastic tiling to the roof and raided my accessories box for the various "garage-esque" items. The lettering on the one gable end is an inkjet printed dry transfer. The main building is about 125 cubic inches, so with the small annex on the back I figure I just make the 20 point threshold.

The way the attendant is wielding that wrench I thought he looked like he would be using it for something non-mechanical. I clumsily added a greenstuff armband so he could join the Dutch Underground.



















Points Summary:

1 x 28mm terrain @ 20 points = 20 points

1 x 28mm foot @ 5 points = 5 points

Total = 25 points



That's a very nice conversion on that building, John. I like the addition of moss patches on the roof.

Tamsin


11 comments:

  1. Fantastic piece of terrain! You’ve done such a great job with all the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent looking building John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I agree with Tamsin about the moss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff. I really like to see commercial products adapted so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice conversion, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb piece of terrain. Love the colours and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice building, John! Very neat paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very tidy, and the moss is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John:
    Lovely terrain model and homage to BoB. Definitely looks like that Dutchman is ready to bash some unsuspecting Jerry with that wrench. Great entry.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete