Friday 18 February 2022

From MartijnN: Houses on Vogsphere (57 points)

After our second visit to Coruscant we move on to Vogsphere. Now I really struggled to find a figure to match its theme of bureaucracy until I remembered this 40mm 3D printed figure from Iain Lovecraft's The Frost. She is labelled as a Sigilist, but besides the fact that I cannot really grasp what that is supposed to mean, anyone wielding an impressively oversized quill pen and a large book must be a bureaucrat. So here she is:



I must say that I quite like painting larger figures once more and I am happy how she came out. I mostly used Contrast paints again.




Next there are some 3d printed terrain items. Now some of these were printed on my FLM printer some time ago. I printed quite a large number of terrain items in one go, mostly scaled down to 10mm scale. However, as soon as I started painting them I discovered that my printer was not really properly dialed in. In hindsight, I should have tried different settings, as layer lines are really visible and not all prints have come out well. In many cases, the shapes and details are not sufficiently defined, which means that paints will flow everywhere. However, it seemed a shame to toss them all in the bin, and from a proper distance, like say, three feet, they still look sort of OK. The town houses are from the Leichheim Kickstarter and in 10mm scale, while the desert house is from Evan Carother's Empire of Scorching Sands and is printed in 28mm scale. The well is also 3d printed, but I can't remember where I got the model from.


Leichheim Blacksmith

This is actually a resin print







Leichheim Scholar's House


Leichheim Watchtower




All in all, I guess that the terrain items will more or less fill 1.5  6" cubes, so I propose 30 points for them. The sigilist is 40mm so 7 points, and the Vogsphere planet bonus adds another 20 points. 

So 57 points to take me to the brink of  my target! And another squirrel!



Very nice buildings, Martijn. As you asked, a sigilist is a wizard whose magical power uses symbols.

Tamsin

11 comments:

  1. Good looking buildings, the Leichheim range seems fantastic. Great brushwork on these slightly corruptes buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these buildings. You've made them look really good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never be able to tell you had print issues with the buildings if you didn’t point it out - they look terrific. I really like the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool Martijn, I have some of the Leichheim stuff too, but haven't gotten round to painting them yet so it's great to see them done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Martijn. I do like those buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sigilist and buildings look great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those building looks aces Martijn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great - seeing stuff like this makes me want to buy one of those 3D printer thingees

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks fine. Nothing wrong with the building prints that I can see. The mini is lovely.
    Cheer, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  10. That scribe is excellent, but I love those buildings!!!

    ReplyDelete