Saturday 5 February 2022

From ScottM: LV-426 Monsters, Critters & Indians (140 pts)

My second stop in the Middle Ring is at LV-426, the Alien world. For this location I went with a medley of monsters that would easily fit in to any alien world setting. First up is a pair of 28mm plastic Gricks from Wizkids' Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures D&D range.



Next up is a pair of Flumphs from the same range as the Gricks. These two definitely have an 'alien' feel to them.



And finally is a lone Magmite. This 28mm metal fig is from Northstar Military Figures Frostgrave range.



And finally a size comparison shot with a 28mm Stargrave Medic.



Also to add to this post, I completed a box of Warlord Games Woodland Indians from their French and Indian War range.











So that should be:
  • 24 - 28mm foot figs = 120 points
  • 1 location (LV-426) = 20 points
Total = 140 points

From Millsy:

What a cracking collection of nasty space bugs Scott! I love all of them but the Magmite in particular is very cool indeed. I can almost feel the heat coming off him in waves. Every time I see a collection like this it makes me want to add to my own.

Nice take on the FIW figures too mate. I'm always impressed by people who can paint convincing skin tones outside the Caucasian space and tones with red in them are amongst the hardest I think. Awesome brushwork indeed.

PS. Now THAT'S how you label a post! Well done that man, carry on.

Cheers,
Millsy

14 comments:

  1. Great stuff and love the colourful bugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bugs and neat Native Americans, Scott! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your Aliens, super gribbly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking aliens and Native Americans, lovely work !
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work all around. Really like the flying blue jellyfish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Love those Flumphs. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blue on those Flumphs is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work all round! Those beaky worms and the magmite clearly are my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gricks and Flumphs? Errr.. they look great though, and your Indians are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice work on the FIW and those gribblies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post! The Flumphs are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some classic D&D critters, nice work. The native Americans are cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice output, Scott! I like the Flumphs, very colourful.

    ReplyDelete