Wednesday 30 March 2022

From DaveD - the wrap up - or want wrong post!

 Well that’s another challenge completed - that’s my 11th altogether. It really did feel hard work this year as I was hit with a few health issues in January and March that really took the wind out of my sails . In terms of painting I physically could not do any for  at least half the challenge so I guess getting to 650 points is not too bad . At least it gives me some “stash” for next year - when hopefully the injury I am carrying has improved enough for more sustained painting .

I enjoyed my minion time as ever - always happy to help out . We also had some great Paint and Chat sessions with a number of the new joiners this year participating . We still be doing these through the year.

Unfortunately I have had to pack the painted stash away as we are embarking on some home improvements and my den is being used for storage at the moment. 

My favourite entry was the mahoosive 1/48th Chinhook - I really enjoy doing that one . I was pleased to get the VC forces and Anzacs completed too .






Then a revisit to Normandy as well with terrain and soft skins .




Both of these projects still have legs .there is also a new one in the wings too with JamesM .


Anyway that’s it for this year .


27 comments:

  1. That Chinook was impressive, Dave. It was a shame that your many visits to A&E curtailed your painting output, but just think of all those loyalty points you've racked up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but if the reward is a free visit I don’t want it!

      Delete
  2. Top work considering the amount of self harm. If I happens again I'm calling social services

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my frequent visitor card has been stamped a lot !

      Delete
  3. Everything considered, you still had a great Challenge and I'm very grateful for your assistance. I agree, the Chinook is a BIG crowd pleaser - well done! Let's aim for a less fraught Challenge XIII for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are on the mend mate, and some great stuff completed regardless of the challenges. Your Vietnam project is particularly impressive!

    Thanks for coordinating the online paint and chats too mate - I enjoyed jumping in when i wasn't at sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting there thanks - the Nam project has a lot more legs yet!

      Delete
  5. There is a lot of beautiful minis from you, Dave! Shame there is no chance for a group shot, I'm sure it would look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. always happy to see your excellent work Dave, even if there was a distinct lack of camels. You could at least have flown in some with that awesome chopper!

    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a definite dearth of sandy things !

      Delete
  7. Very good. Love that Chateau.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fine result after all, Dave! Thanks for being my minion, and it was great to meet you in the chat , and perhaps I’ll manage to jump in once in a while during the year too. If, not see you next year for a smoother ride, healthwise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome work Dave, hopefully you have a safer and non-injury rest of the year! I'll defo drop by on the Paint & Chat zoom's when I can. I really enjoy them, beats speaking to Lee all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. While maybe not the Challenge output you were hoping for, it was impressive nonetheless! i have to say the Chinook is my favourite! I really enjoyed sharing some Paint and Chat time with you and the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - yes it was good to be on the chats meeting new people

      Delete
  11. Great work. See you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sympathize. I too had trouble with the Challenge this year, but you have a much better reason and still more output.

    That helo is phenomenal. Challenger’s Choice nominee for sure.

    Though I do agree with Sanders. No camels? For shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert - might have to make sure I do s(me camels next year !

      Delete
  13. You deserve a Purple Heart for soldiering on regardless Dave. Great work this year and great to see the kit on table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right - gimme a medal , hey I sound like Mutley!

      Delete
  14. Great effort DaveD, it was great to see your additions particularly the paras. Nice to chat also!

    cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete