Sunday 6 March 2022

From Millsy: More Gaslands (75 points)

G'day All,

Another lot of Gaslands cars completed this week. These are different from previous efforts in that I selected cars where the existing paintwork had stripes, patterns or logos that I wanted to keep but blend into the finished article. The only change to the original designs apart from weathering was to carefully scrape off any Hot Wheels logos.


The decision to preserve the original paint jobs presented a number of challenges unfortunately, as it made them really hard to weather and overpaint, even after multiple coats of matt varnish. Paint just didn't want to stick! In the end it took longer and was fiddlier to get these finished than if I had primed and repainted. Lesson learned for next time I guess.


Anyway, I'm happy enough with the outcome, with the weathering and minor damage taking the original paintwork to the next level when paired with repainted wheels, metalwork and other bits. The bit I am most happy with is that they are all deliberately unaligned to any sponsor, so can be used to top up where an extra car is needed, or band together as a generic team of their own.


5 x 20mm cars = 75 points.

Hope you like them!

Cheers,
Millsy

________________________

More fabulous vehicles for Gaslands' deathraces, and what a cacophony of colour! I'm sorry to hear that you had issues with the paint on these, but I guess we shouldn't be too surprised considering how they design these guys to survive vigorous play with kids. This all aside they look terrific (it's amazing how some bolted on ordinance will improve a vehicle's looks) and can see that they will fill a valuable role in future games in your wastelands. 

Well done Millsy!


11 comments:

  1. Nice cars, Millsy, very colourful, but they still have the Gaslands feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic set of cars, your hard work certainly paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb cars Millsy - these are so good and with the others will look superb on a gaming table

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking gaslands vehicles!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that green one! Well done Millsy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the variety in colours, I really should jump down the Gaslands rabbit hole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on the vicks, Millsy! I like the improvements you made on them and still retained the original paint. I haven't tried that yet. A very simple and ADDICTIVE game. Can't help but to pick up a trio of cars anytime my wife forces me to go shopping with her! 🤣

    ReplyDelete