Sunday 6 March 2022

From TamsinP: Cats & Dogs (21 points)

 The Adventures of Oscar: Time Traveler, Slayer of Squirrels and Very, Very Good Boy

Chapter 10

In which our hero is shocked by what he sees in the future...


Row! Well, that was a close call back there. All those pointy sticks flying at me! I wonder where I am this time? And, most importantly, will there be food? It looks like there's a house up there - time to go and scout it out, I reckon.


I think I'll take a look from behind one of those thingies.


*sniff, sniff* Hmmm definitely dogs here and *sniff* Cats! Grrrrrrr! Grrrrrrr! Grrrrrrr! *sniff* But no humans? That can't be right. Hang on - I think the door's opening. Maybe the humans stay inside? If I go round behind the next thingy, I'll be able to get a better look.


Wait, what? Those aren't humans! Those are...cats! Cats big as humans! Walking upright like humans! Wearing clothes like humans! Being adored by dogs like humans!


Nooooooooooooooo! You traitorous curs! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell! Time for me to get out of this awful place!


OK, I think I'm far enough away now to be safe. I'll try the green button again...



That's enough of this silliness. For this week, anyway.


The Figures


The Cats













These are the "Merchant Kitties" from Bad Squiddo Games. I bought them at Salute last November.

The Dogs




These are the other three from the pack from The Assault Group that I used for the Oscar figures.


For Scoring

3 x 28mm foot @ 5 = 15 points
3 x 15mm foot @ 2 = 6 points

Total = 21 points


___________________________

Okay, I think you've traumatized poor Oscar with this horrific vision of the future. The poor doggo will probably need therapy after this adventure, or at least a few scrumptious treats to keep his mind off of these dark, heretical visions. :)

Great work on these cat-people Tamsin. I particularly like the Yoga-Cat sitting on her cushion, proselytizing to the trio of mutts that their continued subservience to their feline overlords leads to healthy minds and bodies.  I dunno, even after having reached this evolved state I hope these cats are still good at climbing trees...

- Curt



28 comments:

  1. Lovely cat people Tamsin. Oscar will need lots of belly rubs and walks to overcome this trauma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure the poor hound will get them. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, those cats are amazing! And dogs look like dogs, which is the aim, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oscar hasn't been having a lot of luck, as if the run ins with various hostile soldiers weren't enough, now he has to deal with catfolk! Poor Oscar.
    Nice work on these figures though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      His only bit of luck was getting some bully beef stew amidst explosions near Arnhem.

      Delete
  4. Poor Oscar! These figures are terrific Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was definitely a nasty shock for the poor lad! :)

      Delete
  5. Love the painting of the fabric on those figures Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! It took lots of very thin layers to do the fabric. :)

      Delete
  6. Great looking cats and dogs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, lovely use of colour and nice shading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work on those cat-people, love the different fur tones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work Tamsin - and such characterful figures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oscar, go and rescue your fellow canines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really should - maybe when he has some human reinforcements to back him up. :)

      Delete
  11. Love the Oscar posts, Tamsin! Nice work on the cat people and doggos! Your Oscar adventures are partially responsible for the dungeon dogs I picked up a few days ago. Each breed is a different adventure. Too soon to paint them now, maybe next challenge season. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! The tales weren't part of my plan going into this Challenge, but then I started with *him* on the first day and it just seemed right to do stories featuring him to introduce all my later posts. :)

      Delete