Sunday 13 March 2022

From StuartL - Blood for the Blood God - 65 Points

Hello all,
The Snow Lord has confirmed that we are weapons free, so here we go with (hopefully) the first of several posts this week.

I have already cleared everything in the Challenge Quadrant, so I'm just working on clearing out some of the primed minis that I had lying around. First off is a set of 10 Lesser Daemons of Khorne, commonly known as Bloodletters for Warhammer 40,000.


These models were all really easy to paint up. I started with a black undercoat and then dry-brushed them with brighter and brighter shades of red, covering less of the model with each coat. I then added some blue/grey paint to the teeth, claws and horns, as well as some really bright blue to the tongue. A bit of bronze and brass highlights to the swords and the figures were pretty much done.


I also managed to get a giant golem done. This is from Reaper Bones, a part of their Greek Odyssey expansion from their last kickstarter. This chunky fellow stands about 75mm tall, and came with a simple sculpted base.


The majority of the model was painted in bronze, then dry-brushed with brass to give it a bit more of a shine. I gave it leather pteruges and painted the central plate to break up the metallics. Finally, a crest of bright red up top adds a nice splash of colour.


The Bloodletters are standard GW 28mm models, so for 10 of them that should be 50 points. The golem is pretty hefty, but was fairly simple to paint, so maybe 15 points is appropriate? That should give me a total of 65 points.

The Bloodletters have 4 skulls on their standard which can be added to my side duel total. It seems like quite a small number for GW minis to be honest.
Skullz Total 132.

____________________________

Lovely work Stuart! The Bloodletters are suitably nasty, I especially like the counterpoint of their blue-grey horns and tongues (eww).  My favourite though, is the Greek golem. The metalwork is excellent, but what really makes it work is the white enamel on his belly armour. Ace that. Not sure of the height of the Golem, but he seems like a rather large lad, so we'll go with your 15 points.

- Curt


9 comments:

  1. Nice demons and golem, Stuart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue details on the bloodletters make them look really nice, kind of enhances the red even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always cringe a bit when I see Khorne's chaps around, and wish I had a bolt-gun handy to deal with them...

    That golem is SO cool - well done all around Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really what you did with the giant Golem! He is very formidable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice demons,but that Golem is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking golem and bloodletters!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not going to lie- I was expecting a lot more skullz here! Nicely done daemons, anyway!

    ReplyDelete