Sunday 13 March 2022

From TamsinP: Operation Rescue Oscar Part 2 (40 points)

Extract from the Journal of TamsinP: Time Traveler, Society Girl and Adventuress


"OK, the instruments read as 2522, Regina. How's it looking?"

"Rather different, as it happens. There are quite a few skyscrapers. Still, my Secret Lair doesn't seem to have changed."

"OK, so now we know that the time travel device works, let's see if the tracker works."

After a few minutes of fumbling about and scanning the results, I have some firm leads.

"Well, I've got a few leads on him. He seems to have found a few of my preset buttons. There's one that he's visited several times, one a couple of times and one where he seems to have spent at least a day."

"You have preset buttons?"

"Yes, for research visits."

"Ahhh, I see, that makes sense. So, I'm guessing that the frequent visit one and the place he stayed a long time must be our best leads. Where are they?"

"Well, the long stay seems to be 3241 somewhere in Arizona. The place he visited several times is Papua New Guinea in 1943."

"Papua New Guinea? The jungle? I'll bet that scamp has found some Australian soldiers to feed him. And all those rotting vegetation smells - he's bound to love that!"

"I expect so. Let's check out the future one first though, he did spend quite a bit of time there after all."

"That sounds like a plan - hit it, my dear!"

I punch in the date and coordinates and press the button. The rift opens and Curt steers the van through.

"Well, I must say I'm a bit surprised that he spent lots of time here. It's very hot and dry, not what he's used to at all."

"I guess we ought to get out and have a look around, see if there are any signs of him."


"That's definitely an improvement on the ice cream van!"

"Indeed! By the way, your body armour's a lovely shade of pink! It really suits you!"

I give Curt a bit of side-eye. "Your uniform's a lovely shade of pink! It really suits you!

"Gaaarrrrhhhh! Just don't tell Byron or I'll never hear the end of it!"

"Fair enough. There seem to be some dog tracks over here, heading towards those rocks. Take a look?"



"My word! Is that a..."

"...spaceship wreck?" I venture. "Seems to be. And the tracks head that way, so I guess we should follow them."


"That's odd - your cap seems to have vanished!"

"Hmmm, so it has. Anyway, the dog tracks seem to go all over the place, it might be an idea to split up and see what we can find."

"Now, that's a good plan. I think I can see why Oscar would have spent so much time here - all this wreckage would make a great playground for him."



"Gosh! Your cap's returned!"

"So it has. Must be a glitch in the costume-alteration system in the device."


"Found anything?" I yell across the chasm.

"Not yet!"



"My goodness! He's definitely been here. He's even left us a message!"

"Look, Curt, dog poop does not a message make. It might not even be his."

"No, not dog poop. Although there is a bit here, now that you mention it. Right under my left boot. Damn!" 

I see Curt hastily trying to scrape the dog poop off his boot on the sand.

"That seems to have got rid of it. Now, where was I? Oh, yes, the message from Oscar. I think you'd better come over here and see for yourself!"


"Blimey! You weren't kidding. He can write?"

"It certainly appears so. I must confess, I'm as surprised as you are. I'd always assumed that if either of them showed any signs of intelligence it would be Felix."

"He can't spell, though!" I jest.

"Just how many dogs do you know who can write?" Curt retorts, slightly offended.

"Well, the "woz" suggests he's long gone and not likely to come back. Let's head back to the van and try another trace." I suggest.

"Yes. I think we should try the jungle next."

We head back to the van and I set the device for Papua New Guinea, 1943. The rift opens and we drive through...



Silliness over for this post (and today).



The Van





The model is the Cyber Hover Van from Antenociti's Workshop.


The Figures









The figures are from Crooked Dice. I added greenstuff beards to the "Curt" figures.


The Message


This was just a little bit if silliness that I did up for this post.



For Scoring

1 x 28mm vehicle @ 20 = 20 points

4 x 28mm foot @ 5 = 20 points

Total = 40 points

________________________________

Haha! Great post Tamsin. The mystery of Oscar's adventures is slowly being solved. I must say, the pink and blue is rather slimming, and that hovervan is truly inspired. 

Now, if I got a dollar for every time I stepped in dogsh*t (especially after the spring thaw) I'd be able to buy one of those vans with all the options...

Lovely work Ms. P.

- Curt



13 comments:

  1. Haha!
    Great but bonkers post. I looking forward to the next instalment and hopefully Oscars rescue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      If all goes to plan then Oscar will be having two more adventures, so will Curt and myself, then the final rescue as my last post.

      Delete
  2. More lovely figures again Tamsin, you produce such great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are smashing outfits Tamsin! Delightful post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Body armours are a lovely shade of pink! It really suits you (in plural).
    Nice job Tamsin, the Costum Alteration system found nice colours for the Arizona desert. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! :)

      To some extent, the colours were selected for purposes of the story! ;)

      Delete
  5. Great job Tamsin. I love that van in particular, it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pleased with how the van turned out! :)

      Delete
  6. Bonkers stuff Tamsin. Love the lavender pants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Osca woz heea? Absolutely unintelligible.

    I like the colours on your troopers!

    ReplyDelete