Monday 26 December 2022

From PeteF: Wild West Werewolf (27 points) [Westerns]

One of the games I play infrequently is Dracula's America - it's a great little skirmish game that unfortunately didn't attain sufficient popularity to see a continuous stream of supplements and figures.  North Star's line of figures is solid - although this particular monster is a 3D print.  This is my entry for the Westerns studio as Dracula's America is set in the Wild West. 


Rather than use speed paints/contrasts on this one I went with layering and one of my favourite recipes for fur (Field Drab/Khaki/Deck Tan).  The photos don't do the fur justice - it looks better irl. Honest! 


I like the 3D sculpt - which also came with a nice 3D printed base.



The base included a SKULL! So this gets me on the board for the skull challenge - I'm hoping to get some squirrels on the board but keeping getting distracted by projects too small to count.


If this werewolf was standing up it would be somewhere around 40-50mm foot to eye so I'm counting it as 1 40mm foot for 7 points + 20 points for a studio for a total of 27 points.

______________________

Lovely brushwork Pete! Yes, yes, your fur is excellent (it's nice not to fall back on Contrast all the time, eh), but I was also taken by his eyes and teeth - fabulous work there. I've not heard of 'Dracula's America', but I'm definitely going to check it out based on your recommendation.

Good one, Pete!

- Curt


29 comments:

  1. The closeup on the head is spectacular, the eyes especially! Well done and I hope someone survives Dracula's America. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu - there was more than one attempt!

      Delete
  2. Nice work especially the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm blown away by how much 3D printing has come along in the last 3 or 4 years

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! When I was a kid doing a school painting project my sister (trained artist) had me do a white dot in the eye - it makes them beady.

      Delete
  5. Excellent werewolf. Would work in many monter driven environments. Wonderful face and eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scary looking werewolf. Thanks for including your recipe for painting fur. I have some wargs in my queue and will that it out on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one of the fur recipes in Painting War: Dark Ages - which is an excellent book for furs, metals and a whole bunch of Dark-Agey colours

      Delete
  7. Niiiice doggo?!

    Fantastic sculpt, you've done a great job with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great werewolf, I also like the base. Very fine paint job, Pete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm enjoying some of the scenic bases that come with the prints that a friend of mine did for me

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Getting confused with Tony the Were-Tiger? Or Where Tiger??

      Delete
  10. Really well pianted, lots of details! Great work

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have done an excellent job on this figure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that's the first official Skull of AHPC XIII!

    ReplyDelete