Saturday 24 December 2022

KenR : 28mm Mentana French Chasseur a Pied (30 pts)

Hi Everyone welcome back to my favourite time of the year, the AHPC and thanks once again to Curt for organising this wonderful event. 

I always like to try and get some points on the board before Xmas, with a load of Podcast releases I am a little slow off the mark this year and have just managed to scrape 6 figs in before festivities begin.

So my main Project this year will be Italian Wars (again) I have a mix of Italian and Spanish units in the mix ready to go but I thought I would book end last years Mentana Project with a unit of French Chasseur a Pied, 28mm metal figures from the Perrys FPW range (I'm still waiting for the French Infantry to come out).

Here we have 6 figs at 5pts each for 30 pts and they will be used as a small skirmish screen, I'm working on a main body of 24 figs to go with these. These figs are on 60 x 30 bases.

I'm unlikely to have my usual laser focus this year, I have my 1/700 WW2 Naval to work on and I have a few ships built and undercoated including the Bismark, on top of that I've been using 10mm Malburian as a bit of a palette cleanser between units recently so that might continue during the Challenge.

That just leaves me to wish you all a brilliant time over Christmas and New Year and hope you don't lose focus on the true meaning of this time of year. And by that I mean painting like mad to get your points up before you go back to work 😉

__________________________

Ken, it's wonderful to see you back and treating us to your amazing Italian Risorgimento project. I really like the piping on these Chasseur's uniforms, along their loaded-to-bursting packs (must be all the wine, cheese and baguettes). I look forward to seeing the rest of the regiment once it leaves your workbench and your talented brush. Lovely work.

Welcome back to Challenge, Ken, and Merry Christmas!

- Curt

21 comments:

  1. Easily among my favourite French troops, even though you would be hard pressed skirmishing heavily loaded like this! They give you the opportunity to show your painting skill, Ken, they are absolutely lovely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'd get about 10 yards with that lot on my back 😁

      Delete
  2. Welcome back and see a lot of interesting projects lined up. These French models look great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, I'm not going to run out of stuff to paint 😀

      Delete
  3. These models scare me the most due to how much details are included with them. You have done a great job with them, and cant wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, having a single colour uniform speed's things up 👍

      Delete
  4. They look the business Ken, love the piping work. Looking forward to the hordes that yo7 release this Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking unit - looking forward to the Italian Wars

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look very dapper, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can tell they are light infantry because of the huge rucksacks! ;)
    Nice work, Ken! They look very sharp and yo did a fine job on the uniform piping too!

    ReplyDelete