Sunday 1 January 2023

From Barks: WesternWorld (Westerns)(30 points)

I have been sitting on these two for a while for a potential limousine/ star yacht/ hot air balloon ride, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to visit the WesternWorld set. These figures are from Great Escape Games. I don't think the sculpts quite catch the attitudes of their inspirations, but have made me consider getting back into Old West gaming. Both figures were undercoated black, drybrushed white, and then a variety of techniques to add colour.

'Maeve Newton' and 'Dolores Wood'

I used GW Sigvald Burgundy Contrast for Maeve's dress and lipstick, it was a perfect colour match. I like the red in her hair accessory.

'Maeve Newton'

A little something hidden away.

I like the colour palette Dolores has.

'Dolores Wood'


2x 28mm figures (10 points)

Western set (20 points)

Inspiration: Westworld (1973)


Thought I'd step in so that you don't have to wait a week for these to be posted. These are really great paint jobs on some nice figures. I can see why you want to get back into western gaming, it is great fun, we play using DaveD's rules which are great fun and very cinematic.

MartinC

29 comments:

  1. Love those Barks but I’m keeping a safe distance from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Westworld! I loved they film as a child, with a very creepy Yul Brynner… I have the Dolores model myself (painted, no less), love it. The Great Escape Old West models are full of character, you’ve done a fine job with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Barks! I like Delores' blue and white as well. I'm a Deadwood man myself, but these ladies would fit in any western setting (making a place for themselves whether you like it or not). Oh, and thanks Martin for getting Barks posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love Deadwood too. But if I want an excuse to mix in some sci-fi robots and corporate security types...

      Delete
  4. Nice ladies JB - I wouldn't mess with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super great. I love a bit of old West gaming, I use Legends of the Old West, a great set of rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have that! I wish I still did...

      Delete
  6. Nice duo, Barks! :)

    Just one minor hitch - "Westerns" has been moved to the blue pass zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! This is outrageous! I shall be in my trailer until my agent fixes this.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, someone spotted that there were only 5 blue pass locations originally and Westerns was the easiest to switch. There wasn't a big announcement, so it's not surprising you missed it.

      Delete
  7. Really nice work on this pair. I barely remember the old movie, but I did enjoy the modern remake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy the first season, the rest have been interesting but not as great. I am sorry they've cancelled the fifth and final season.

      Delete
  8. These are very characterful, that burgundy Contrast turned out very nicely :)

    ReplyDelete