Sunday 1 January 2023

From Steve K: Savage Orcs and Spider Riders! (40 points)

 Now then,

Painting has slowed down this week due to the inevitable holiday family stuff... But, i have managed to get some Orcs and Gobbos painted up for my SAGA age of magic warband. 

First up, the Savage Orc Beserkers! These are all GW miniatures that have been rattling about in a box for a couple of years so its nice to get them done.


I decided to mark out my beserkers with some blue warpaint, It makes them stand out against the chaff Orc Boyz, and was something I wanted to have a go at.


Enjoyable to paint, and a nice break from painting more realistic looking models.


The 2 spider riders are actually characters for my Goblin force, a champion and a Shaman.



Very fiddly models to paint but very cool too. So odd looking but I think they look suitably sinister and evil.



Finally all the bad lads together. A fun couple of evenings painting.

Scores!

4 x 28mm Orcs @5pts = 20pts

2 x 28mm mounted @10pts = 20pts

Total - 40pts


Happy new year everyone!

Steve

Happy new year Stig. lovely job on these. With yours and IanW's orcs you should have enough to fight my lizardmen this year.

12 comments:

  1. Yep they’re Orks and look savage. Great stuff Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue warpaint is excellent and the spider riders are very cool as well (I like the colour effect on their abdomen).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the combination of blue and green. The spider riders are especially nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the orcs! Great work allover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are brilliant, I love the warpaint, a neat way to add more colour to a model that could be just plain green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the spiders, they're fantastically creepy!

    ReplyDelete