Saturday 25 March 2023

From DaveD - Challenge XIII - aka The Green Machine .

 It’s been a productive challenge . I managed to complete stuff in the start and end free fire phases and post something every Tuesday . That kept the score boarding ticking nicely , and I ended up doing almost a 1000 points more than anticipated- even with starting an unexpected new job for a few months  - which will let me travel to the US to Historicon and then visit ACW battlefields and USMC museum. 

You may have noticed a bit of “green” theme this year - pretty much everything bar buildings has green on most of it. 

The Nam collection has had its back broken with lots of vehicles added and the ARVN infantry . MartinC and I have the BIG game booked in for August where every bit of kit will be on two massive tables - each 24x6 . I really enjoyed the model making in the larger scale with the PBR being a particular favourite along with the B52. I have about 100 figures (under way now)  , 4 vehicles and a few planes to do and it will be finished if not completed .  I have the Anzac contingent and the 3rd NVA platoon under way at the moment.

The 7 Days to Rhine project has its starter forces added - with a first game completed . 

Someone said there would be “never ending Cold War challenge” - oops most of my production fit right into that ! .

My Necromunda Van Saar gang has been completed - even won its first game . See a diversion into fantasy space pixie land was had - it won’t be a long term habit - there are still historical projects in the wings . I have next years theme already building in the stash.

A new barn was added to old west/bootleggers terrain collection . 

 

My favourite creation 


I also completed the outstanding 15mm  WW2 terrain bits 

 

I ventured into Turnip 300  with Rhett in that famous film “Gone with the wind” . We managed to keep Tuesday mostly Turnip free.

 

Thanks to the director of this organisation Curt - and the person in charge Sarah. The minions as ever kept the show on the road cheers all . We had some good on line paint and chat session (we have a dedicated Discord server for challenge participants to avoid FB) especially in the doldrums periods it kept us going . Thanks for all the inspirational creations to gaze at and comment support . 

Until next year ! May your stash be suitably topped up ! My green paint certainly has been ,  after about 1500 points of creativity it needed it.

Huzzah!








29 comments:

  1. Congrats on another great Challenge Dave. That B-52 is my favourite - although as ever there is quite a lot to choose from! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another top-notch Challenge for you, Dave! :)

    Sorry about only keeping Tuesday mostly turnip-free, but your goading did result in root vegetable afflicted entries being summoned from Curt's stash in response - nothing I could do about that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you did yer very best! Sometimes you just have to tweak the tail of the root vegetables

      Delete
  3. All hail the turnip! If I had any sculpting skills I would have joined in. Great challenge Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the chefs knife good for that!

      Delete
  4. Spectacular work, Dave. I think my favourite is the patrol boat. Fabulous. Have a great trip to Amerika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, looking forward to PBrs first runout soon . I am sure Murica will be excellent , we are also covering the tall bits of Canuckistan this year too

      Delete
    2. The tall bits are lovely. If you ever visit the flat bits, you know where to find us. :)

      Delete
  5. A great body of work Dave - who ever knew there were so many variations on green and khaki! Looking forward to seeing more of your work next time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50+ shades of green at the very least !

      Delete
  6. Great stuff Dave, have enjoyed admiring what you've produced, really enjoyed the zoom painting sessions and looking forward to saying hello in person at Partizan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - good to catch you on the chats .

      Delete
  7. You had a fabulous Challenge, Dave! With the impressive amount of things you painted it is hard to pick a favourite, but I think I’ll agree with Curt and settle for that great patrol boat. And thank you for your encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I followed with interest your Vietnam project and have duly taken note of some of the models with a view to add to my ow collection in the future. Great Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. That B52 looks like giant there, as it should, of course. Well done with your green and non-green projects. The patrol boat is fantasric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A grand effort Dave. My fav was the boat too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good stuff here Dave, the boat especially looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another whopper of a Challenge for you Dave, awesome 👍

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grand work, Dave! I really enjoyed your 'Nam stuff especially the patrol boat and bomber....I expect some camels and fez hats next time! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very impressive 'Nam collection! I think you need a Spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done with this lot Dave, great to see some of the Vietnam-era armour! Not sure if your air support is big enough though... :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent if very green work Dave. Love the patrol boat.

    ReplyDelete