Friday 29 December 2023

From MilesR: Conquistadors, Aztecs and Lizardmen, an Overdue Library Challenge Submission 135 points

 

I've had these figures primed for at least 2 maybe even 3 years so I think they qualify as an Overdue Library submission.  All of these figures are plastics from Atlantic models and were my first attempt at using speed paints in a "production mode"


In the front rank are 12 Conqustadors with various weapons and rather shabby armor.


Behind them are 5 lizard men and 6 Aztecs.  Why Lizardmen - because they look cool - is there really any better reason?
I'll likely use these figures as a mordheim crew of some kind and will add to there ranks over the course of this year's Challenge
Lets see that's 23 figures 28mm infantry figure for 115 Points and 20 for the overdue Library challenge.  That's 135 points.







____________________________

It's wonderful to have our infamous spreadsheet archeo-mage and latent (with the stress on 'late') minion step onto the Challenge XIV stage. Welcome Miles! :)

A very nice mix of minis my friend. I agree wholeheartedly about the Lizardmen (and Aztecs for that matter) - they ARE just cool - enuf said. Also, thank you for bringing to my attention these wonderful Atlantic Conquistadores. I'm especially keen to get my mitts on a set, thinking that they'll fit nicely for my Great Siege of Malta collection. A solid opening volley for your campaign up the points roster, Miles! Well done!


12 comments:

  1. Great to see the production lines rolling Miles. Exactly what it says on the tin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice minis Miles! Do the Conquistadors know that the bad guys are "Behind you!" (Sorry, English Pantomime reference)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see some older figures finally getting a lick of paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a double take with the green guys ! Nice job Miles 👏

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on those Miles

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool looking batch of figures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cracking post, lots of really nice figures, I have an Aztec sacrifice set sitting on the table myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Miles. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Miles. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete