Tuesday 26 December 2023

From SanderS: Spreading the WAAAAAGH! (30 points)

 Dear Everyone,

Another Challenge has started and I for one am eager to get at the brushes and  slap some paint on mini's! That said I am astonished at the rate with which you people are able to produce painted figures, well done all of you. 

During these first few days of the Challenge I only have managed to finish one single miniature and start on a few more for the next post.

This Challenge sees me going all-out GW fanboy with almost exclusively Games Workshop products mostly Oldhammer stuff what with the release of the Olde World around the corner, more about this later.

I started the Challenge library at the Front Desk as one should and I have realised I will probably not finish all the halls but when I post figures for the Library, I will try to accompany them with a suitable book. This post sees me post that reddest of Goblins: da Red Gobbo a seasonal release that GW has been selling since 2020 or so? This is the 2021 version complete with his trusty squig Bounca. 




He can be used in games of 40K but I guess I will not be doing that since I do not own an Ork army (yet). So for now he will sit in the showcase and await his chance to create some chaos.

As far as points go I gues this 28mm figure is worth 5 points together with the Library bonus is 25 points right? 

As for the future, my prep has almost fully focussed on the recreation of a Bretonnian army that I wanted so badly back in the days that WFB was still a living thing. The re-emergence of Ye Olde Worlde has seen a frenzy of gathering old school miniatures and I have quite the collection now as you can see from the picture below. You can also see the Castle I am printing for them to live in and fight over which I hope to paint up as well this Challenge if time and health (not to forget weather for priming) permit me. 

The story of how I got this brilliant army will have to wait till the first unit has been painted but for now the picture will have to suffice. 

Cheers Sander




_____________________________________________

First thing, welcome back to the Challenge, Sander! Your rendition of da Red Gobbo is fabulous. I especially like how you've painted the festive decorations and the snow base. Like you, I'm also keenly anticipating the release (re-release?) of Warhammer Fantasy. I love seeing the pic of all the Bretonian models that you've managed to amass in preparation (and that castle looks magnificent). I very much look forward to seeing this project get off the ground during the Challenge! 

As to points, let's count da Red Gobbo as a 'New Acquisition' for the 20 point bonus AND as a 28mm cavalry figure for 30 total. You can amend your map accordingly for your future planning!

- Curt


29 comments:

  1. Nice looking Squig and Gobbo, Sander.
    The Old World is certainly tempting (2004's minis at 2024's prices though). Bretonnians look spectacular when all painted up, so I'm looking forward to seeing this project grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart, I agree on the prices thing, that's why I am so happy with this bunch. I will probably buy the new books and some of the new characters but leave it at that.

      Delete
  2. one entry he says then slaps up this amazing lttle figure love the skill and crisp painting great job, and yest you have a little pile of figures there, can't wait to see more as you crack on into them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers mate, the first Bretonnians are in the works, that said there will be a Mordheim oost before them still.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your Brettonians Sander - we are hyped for The Old World too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let's be hyped together Paul! The new releases look promissing indeed.

      Delete
  4. Festive indeed. Super mini and wonderful paint. Can’t decide if I should blow the dust off the fantasy O&Gs, will wait and see. Your Bretonnian project does intrigue me. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh come on Bruce you know you will in the end, go get those Green Ones, do it, do it, doooooo iiiiit!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous entry, love it

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Add me to the list of thise excited to see the ole Warhammer world return. Love the little gobbo, but definitely excited for the Brettonians incoming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the knightly buggers will be the biggest part of my Old World side duel, so don't fear they will be alomg pretty soon.

      Delete
  7. Great looking gobbo mate. I'm excited at the prospect of all those Bretonnians, good luck with all the heraldry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking gobbo and very exited to see your Bretonian army!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to see you again this Challenge Iain!

      Delete
  9. Those Bretonnians are very tantalising!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work. Grandma got run over by a squig?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I glad that didn't come down the chimney !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Curt: thanks for the bonus points! Not entirely sure what you mean with adjusting the map though...

      Delete
  12. that's great and should replace the usual fairy at the top of the Christmas tree

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't beat a festive goblin. Great paint job

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the squig and that’s quite the bretannion collection….. I’m impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great gobbo, Sander, your reds are really vibrant and clear. I’m looking forward to the new Old World as well, I still have a complete but unpainted Bretonnians versus Lizardmen Starter Set somewhere. Might have to dig that one out. Looking forward to your further progress during the Challenge, it will doubtless be inspiring. Great!

    ReplyDelete