Saturday 27 January 2024

From AaronH - Grime, Jyn and B1s (150 pts)

 This week's entry is Grime the Goblin Wizard, Jyn Erso and more B1's for Star Wars Legion. Jyn will be transporting me back to the entry room as Grimes is a new acquisition.

I actually finished Jyn a few weeks ago but was saving her to help me move around the library.

Jyn is a great model in game. She's surprisingly good in melee. 




I'll use Jyn to board Sarah's cart and take me back to the entry hall.


Grime is my younger son's Goblin Wizard for Pathfinder. We started a new campaign to try out the rules and I didn't have the right model. I ordered this and it came in on Saturday, for our Sunday game. I painted him that evening so that he was ready for action.


This is a plastic model from Next Level Miniatures. I had never heard of them but this is a solid, and reasonably priced miniature.

There is a ton of detail on this face.

The last entry is more B1s for Star Wars Legion. These are the rest of the Purple squad and then more squad attachments.

Purple squad, minus the two I did last week.

The base squad is six models, which is bigger than average for the game. They can take two attachments. There are four heavy weapons that take up one slot and seven other models. This round gives me three of those options, B1s of various flavors. There is a droid with a red head on the left and a yellow head on the right. 


The additional droids for blue and red.


The whole bunch. This is all of the B1s for the first three squads. I have to paint up the other options as well, then five more units of these. Blarg.

This is a total of  130 points.

1 x 28mm Grime = 5 pts

1 x 32mm Jyn = 7 pts

14 x 32mm B1s = 98

New Acquisitions  for Grime = 20 pts

Sarah's Library Cart bonus = 20 points

Very nice Jyn Erso model here Aaron! Grime is a suitably colourful little character as well, as Battle Droids are... well they do look good but I feel your pain in painting them. I note that you used the Library Cart with Jyn and you're entitled to 20 bonus points for that. So that has been added to your score. However, I will caution you that in order to claim full points, bases need to be finished and Grime's base... isn't. That will slide this time but please finish the bases in the future.

This is good work that will add 150 points to your tally.

Dallas

8 comments:

  1. Nice work on Jyn. Fastastic level of perseverance for staying the course on the B1 droids. They look good when your done but so many little pieces...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a slog. Thank you for the compliment on them.

      Delete
  2. Excellent work and great goblin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work Aaron, especially the crash-job with you son's Pathfinder wizard. Love the droids too. Roger-Roger!

    ReplyDelete